Do you Experience this same pain?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

recently diagnosed but need to understand this pain thing and if it's what is "normal"

sudden onset of cramping pain that makes me need to rush to the toilet

pain says I need to go but I cant

the pain and cramp is so bad it literally hurts to walk. Cannot stand up straight for love nor money

still can't pass anything

by now I'm getting so hot like I have a fever so strip off my clothing as I'm sweating so much and by now in horrendous pain between my legs like you need to have a really good (excuse me here please) FART!!!

last night I resulted in laying in the bath with the shower hose blasting hot water on my tummy just to try to get relief but the cramping pain persisted

eventually by the grace of god I manage to pass hard pellet like stools and the pain is gone BUT I know more is around the corner

today I have had to give in to the pain and stay home as I have bloating, cramping and terrible wind and I feel totally rubbish to the point of tears

Does anyone get this pain and inability to walk when it flares up?

Any advice would be so welcome x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally, sorry you to hear you are suffering so much discomfort.  I totally empathise with you on the walking thing, it's almost like every footstep jolts and jars making it even more painful.  I also find that going from a lying or sitting down position to a standing position also exacerbates the pain.  Have you tried any painkillers, personally not much helps, my GP told me to take Buscopan that has no effect either. I hope your flare up resolves soon.
    • Posted

Hi Carol

thanks for my first ever reply to my first ever post

i have Buscopan which sort of helps but when the pain comes on so suddenly you would do anything to get rid but nothing works fast enough!

laying down to standing up definitely is so painful I agree and I'm glad to hear from you that this pain when walking is normal for sufferers like us

i have to say Carol but not a lot of painkillers help as I have Asthma so am limited as to what I can take but I do have Co-Dydromol when I need it and that's all I can take 

thanks again Carol 😉

• Posted

Hi Again

it is nice to get a reply, sometimes you feel so alone with this wretched disease. I'm not sure that there are any painkillers that do a complete job of eradicating pain, even Oramorph in the hospital doesn't really help me.  I do think that regular Paractamol keeping with the daily maximum dose all the time you are suffering can lessen it a

little.  Co-dydramol,  I believe can cause constipation which then adds to the discomfort as you know.

i also get no warning when it's going to happen, it just hits you, like a sledgehammer!!

im hoping after surgery I will rid myself of this debilitating condition.

💊💊

• Posted

Hi Sally., sorry to hear you are experiencing a 

Flare. Hope you start feeling better soon,

I myself on the few occasions  that flare ups

Have occurred have always started with

Diarrhoea , this then goes & his replaced 

With small pencil thin poops.. Like you 

I get the urge to defecate but can't ,, lots of

Bad cramps & a pain in my left lower abdomen

I use Co-Dydromal  for my Arthritis but would

Never take them in a flare as they do 

Indeed cause constipation, And that's one 

Thing to avoid with our condition.. I manage 

On tramadol they work for me..Buscopan

Did not help my cramps..

A warm compress is also helpful...

Doglover.

• Posted

Hi Doglover

Just spoke to GP again and now for the first time ever has prescribed Antibiotics 

Two of them ! And something to loosen the bowel. One begins with Metro something and in is Ciprofloxin

He said not to take anymore Fybogel or Senna so that's that then

And yes I have just read up on Co-Dydromol but that's what the hospital gave me as it was the strongest I could have with my asthma. Tramadol flew me out the window!!!

Thanks again

Sally x

• Posted

Wow Sally, I had presumed you was already taking Anti-biotics! Good job you are on them now.. Metro (flagyl) & Cipro normally are given for Divers flares.. I myself find them Evil but necessary...if after 48hours you feel worse. You should present yourself at A&E they will normally admit you & give you IV Antibiotics.. You can not play around with this disease. It can cause lots of complications...get well wishes...
  • Posted

Hi doglover

indeed I forgot about the faithful hot water bottle.  I have Tramadol but boy oh boy do they make me feel strange.  Stranger than normal that is.

💊💊

• Posted

Yes Carol., I also experience weird things on Tramadol,. But they seem to handle my painful Tum better than any other pain med .a hot water bottle does help., especially with the cramps.. Hope your future Surgery goes well...

Doglover.

• Posted

Thankyou, I have had 2 perforations this year and just come out of hospital.  My consultant, who I do have faith in, told me that I wasn't in a diverticular crisis so it didn't warrant emergency surgery!!  It feels like a crisis to me, he has however said that if I'm prepared to be in hospital over Christmas he will on operate on the 18th December. 💊💊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.