Do you experience this shown in picture when you wear high top shoes

Posted , 3 users are following.

Do you experience this shown in picture when you wear high top shoes.  My ankle where in the top or end of the shoes shrink and after awhile without the shoes goes to back normal size.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I forgot to include what happen to my ankle

I had an ankle operation last Feb. I have my fibula fixed by plate and 6 screws. Im on my 6 months now after the operation and 4 months after my cast removed. 

Now I was able to walk at least 80% of my mobility but If I wear high top sneakers my ankle shrink like show in the picture above.

• Posted

Hello Albert. I'm in a very similar situation. Pilon fracture and crack in my tibia from fall in April. Also plate and 6 screws and while I'm pretty much Bipedal I have some swelling at night that goes away by morning.... I too see this kind of indentation from my sock. I chocked it up to the swelling from walking during the day, but plan to mention it at my next follow-up.

• Posted

Hi Chris

Please message me once you have answer to your doctor. I dont experience swelling at night before most of the swelling I experience is in day when I sit too long because the fluids can't go back to my body so I need to put my leg higher than my body once a day.

Thanks

• Posted

Hello Albert. Saw my doc this week and explained the sweeping we talked about (albeit much less since last we communicated. He basically said the same thing about fluids. While bones may be healing (healed), there maybe muscle repairs/growth goin on that the body is dealing with and continues the swelling. He keeps saying to me even with pretty good healing in my case, slow and steady is his recommendation when it comes to increases in activity ( that can cause additional swelling). Hope this helps.
  • Posted

Someone posted the same situation but im not sure who..i am only 6 weeks in after surgery.I never experienced this.i think you should talk with your doctor about it.I hope u get answers feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.