DO YOU FEEL LIKE PEOPLE THINK YOUR JUST LAZY

Posted , 4 users are following.

sad

I am trying to hold down a job and it's a pretty difficult one at that but feel exhausted most of the time

I find it exasperating when I feel that people with no experience of things seem to suggest I'm a light weight

I just can't do what I did before plain and simple

I do wish this MENOPAUSE/PERIMENOPAUSE thing was taken seriously

Mrs M neutral

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Understood fully. Look into magnesium citrate.  Boosts energy almost immediately.
  • Posted

I'm already taking magnesium

thanks Terri 

I appreciate you getting back to me wink

• Posted

Cool. Just make sure you are taking magnesium citrate. Magnesium oxide doesn't really help. 
  • Posted

thanks for the advice,

I am going to see whats on the bottle now

cheesygrin

• Posted

I know where you are coming from. Berocca is good for energy boost. 
  • Posted

Will try, thanks

most days it takes me ages to get going, stiffness and general exhaustion

any kind of stress makes it much worse

• Posted

Hi, I just thought I'd drop you a quick line - I'm exactly the same at the minute; I am covered with various aches, pains and general stiffness and shattered most of the time. Today, I actually fell asleep several times - temporarily - at my desk! It's horrible, and it's causing me to really lose confidence in myself and my abilities. Nobody has said anything to me but I do get the strong impression that I'm the cause of some frustration at work ... I'm not sure what can be done, I just know I can't carry on like this. 

I noticed that someone mentioned magnesium citrate - I'd not heard of this, but anything is worth a try! 

I'm sorry I don't have any answers, but I thought you might want to know that you're not on your own eek. Let me know how you get on, 

Anna x

• Posted

I'm so worn out Anna, sometimes food or drinks I like taste strange (the coffee I used to love is horrible)???

I can't cope with stress well, altercations with people, on Friday last week I had a stinker with consultant (work) related and could not face anything over the weekend, the whole business exhausted me mentally (and physically) cry

I am such a positive person but feel hopeless useless and helpless

to think it's only just over a year ago that I hiked for 3 times a week, sometimes for 3 hours (hill walking) I feel that I will never be able to do that again, I find it difficult just earning enough to get by

my body aches and my hands, shoulders, after my shifts I need time to recuperate

conseqently I have become an unreliable middle aged worker frown

But I'm ambitious and used to love life, really

the whole business, menopause for me is an oxymoran and I'm the moran in it rolleyes

sorry but feeling at wits end, going to bed now to sleep again, that's all I seem to do these days

Mrs M x  

• Posted

Hi,

Sounds very familiar! I haven't had the taste thing, but the work stuff sounds extremely similar.

I'm not a naturally positive person, and have struggled quite heavily with depression and anxiety in the past (to the point of being in hospital several times). HOWEVER, over the last 10-15 years - with the help of CBT - I have really turned this around and now I do consider myself to be a positive person (I sometimes have to work on it, but that's OK).

This seems to now be in ruins, and I feel every bit as negative/anxious/depressed as I did. Actually, that's an exaggeration - it's nowhere near as bad, but it is certainly pretty horrible. I haven't had any confrontations but my head is everywhere and I can tell it's been noticed. My reaction is almost always tears - not in front of anyone, I take myself off to the toilets. It all sounds a bit tragic, doesn't it?!

My energy has reduced massively, and my evenings and weekends are basically just catching up on sleep and rest. The aches and pains are fairly new, and a little bit baffling. For example, the soles of my feet hurt if I haven't walked on them for a while, my back hurts quite a lot, and I get sort of random pains in various places. It's awful!

Are you thinking of HRT? It's certainly my next step ... I've had a hell of a job trying to get onto it (hormone tests etc.), but I'm going to insist. If it's not for me then I'll have to think again, but enough is enough!

I have, in the interim, ordered some magnesium citrate - just on the off-chance that it will lift me a little bit ... I'll have to let you know!

Anna x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.