Do you forget your're meds?

Posted , 7 users are following.

I only have to take 2,5mg of Bisoprolol and 100mg of CardioAspirin per day for my AFIB, but there have been a few days that I forgot if I had taken them!

Usually, it was during a busy morning and I had lots of things going on in my head.

Most of the mornings I would just leave it and go on with the normal dosage the following day.

Talking of being "not in the moment"

Anyone out there experienced the same thing?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I suppose once or twice a year I forget to take my pills and end up skipping a day.  A few more times a year I find the regular time inconvenient but get to them within a few hours.
  • Posted

Don't worry I think most of us have done the same,  I find getting a small calendar then ripping of the monthly page applicable and placing it under my pills helps,  I just put a cross thru the date.  

• Posted

I put mine in a little dish beside my bed do see them when I get up. 
  • Posted

Hi Janco,

?I take blood pressure tablets after getting up, first thing. My AF related stuff in the evening. I usually forget if my App alarm on my phone to remind me fails or if my routine is upset. Happens 2 or 3 times a year. 

I do not even attempt to play 'catch ups'.

John

• Posted

I have my pills sorted into little containers with the days of week on them. I have high blood pressure as well as persistent afib. I am scared of having a stroke, especially if I miss taking the Pradaxa so I am pretty on to it. 
    • Posted

Your chance of having a stroke is determined by the structure of your left atrial appendage so in theory many people are taking NOAC's or Warfarin needlessly. A echocardiogram should tell if you are in that category or not. There is a lot of information on line  about it. The other option that I elected to have privately is to have a Watchman device or Amplatzer amulet fitted in the LAA to stop clots escaping and doing away with blood thinners.

• Posted

My left atrium is severely enlarged. I started off with atrial flutter but it soon changed to afib. I have had one cardioversion and I was in nsr for 2 days .  I think I need to  be on Pradaxa for now.  
    • Posted

I was told that mine was the wrong shape to have a successful cardioversion but if I have an ablation it will change the shape of the LAA   and may allow me to have one.
    • Posted

Very interesting re the structure of the atria determining ones actual risk of stroke. Do you have any links to enable me to learn more re this. I have a feeling I might be left on tablets propherlactically as have had a first episode of AF lasting a few weeks on and off. I am aged 55 and very fit so ? cause. ..possibly stress.I am on 2.5 of bisoprolol and 5mg twice daily aapixaban.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.