Do you get irracional obsessions and fears once your anxiety kicks in?

Posted , 6 users are following.

i dont know where it came from... at night i would sometimes hear a noise in my ear and it wouldnt bother me and past few weeks after feeling quite depressed and i noticed i wasnt well i guess my anxiety disorder started and now i cant think of anything else than checking my ears and how im hearing if the noise increased and iv been getting so tense and sleep deprived and stressed and i know its irracional but i cant help it...

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

• Posted

Mine do all the time hun. We all have different fears and I guess yours is your ears. Are you on meds? The reason I ask is since I have been taking mine, my ears are more sensitive to noise and sometimes I get a buzzing

• Posted

It never was my ears lol idk where itcame from... I was scared of mentall illnesses since i realized how bad anxiety disorders affect u i thought i was turning schizofrenic bcz my anxiety was so intense
  • Posted

Redona

Make an appointment with your GP. He will listen and decide how to calm your concerns

Good Luck

• Posted

I have a therapist but she just gave me some vitamins... I dont think she is bery understanding
    • Posted

Lol this made me laugh , well defenitely not somewhere that nice... Kosovo
    • Posted

Redona

I am going to suggest Relaxation Techniques, there are three that I know of The Alexander Technique, The Maxwell Technique and the favourite Mindfulness

The Maxwell Technique was used in Mental Health and is the best one for a cluttered environment.

Mindfulness would be the method used here in the UK now.

You could ask your therapist for tapes you could play that will also give explanations on ways to relax

You will also possibly find books and tapes on  Amazon or Ebay.

You could also try the NHS CHOICES web page and that could also help you facilitate ways forward in treating your anxiety.

We have no way in understanding how Kosovo is now after the problems in the past and how you get medical advice.

We are always around to talk to

Good Luck

Keep a hold

• Posted

Describe the noises..what do you mean by noises?
    • Posted

Like electrecity noise .. Its bery suddle but idk im scared it would get louder and im scared ill always think about it.. I mean iv been having bad tension headaches from my anxiety but idk if im just imagening the noise most id thr time.. Its mild but i just think of it too much
    • Posted

tinnitus? Very common. All kinds of tinnitus. Nothing much can be done. If its possible ignore it. I just wanted to clairy if it was tinnitus or you were hearing voices. Two different things. Try and keep busy or run a fan to drown out the sound. 

• Posted

It would help. It depends why its there. A ton of things can cause tinnitus its really common. Most of the time it goes away. Low salt diet is the first thing. Check any medication you use as tinnitus as a side effect. Stay away from loud music or sounds. If you have a cold, as im getting over one..kinds have to ride it out. Sometimes simple ear wax can cause it..do not use a wtip in your ear you can break your membrane they sell ear wax remival stuff. Or your doctor can clean it out. 

Do your best to not focus in on it. Sometimes impossible then turn on fans and keep busy. Very busy. The body is always trying to be comfortable and fix itself. So have faith in that. Its the mind that sabtoges everything and cause most of our issues.

• Posted

its not loud at all.. I think my anxiety makes it worse... Uhh idk why im anxious about it
  • Posted

Well, I can give you a short personal example. 2 months ago I started having panic attacks and chest pains. I was used to the anxiety, but not the chest stuff, so I was scared. Went to ER and GP, and had a million tests done. Turns out my heart is fine. Well, ever since that time I've had obsessive thoughts about everything. One day I thought I had MS. The next day I thought I had ALS. For about 2 weeks I thought I had, or would soon have a stroke. Then my eyes were bothering me and I thought I had glaucoma, or cancer, or that my eyes would magically stop working over night. A few nights later my hand was shaking a little and I thought I had early stages of Parkinson's. All of these things have been recorded in a journal I've been keeping since my anxiety started getting bad in August, and you have no idea how bad the thoughts get. I haven't been able to sleep for weeks because I'll focus on one thing for days. Right now my eye is bothering me, either something is in it (like eyelash or dust), or maybe it's a stye or something like that. But for 2 days now the little pain I feel when I blink has like ruined my life...haha. A person without anxiety wouldn't have these thoughts, but we can't help it! It's just the way our mind works. So trust me, Redona, you're not alone. Please try to feel better....therapy & medicine may help! Peace..... 

• Posted

WOW Nick, your post sounds just like me !!!! It's comforting to know I'm not alone in the struggle.. A few weeks ago j couldn't breathe out of one side o my nose.. I was immediately convinced it was something horrible, after that I stumbled 3 or 4 times within a few days and my first thought was " I've got ALS ! Next was a radiating pain in my left hip ... My first thought was some type of bone cancer, my newest focus is kidney stones because of

The back pain ! I even went to the doctor because it seemed to be getting worse. The lab test confirmed that I do NOT have a kidney infection but showed trace amounts of blood so I'm off on another

" I'm dying" adventure !! I can't even imagine what it would be like to live without all these intrusive reoccurring thoughts. I'm see a psychiatrist and a therapist, it helps a little. Honestly it makes me feel better just knowing I'm not alone in this.. Thank you

For sharing

• Posted

I been having this obsession with tinnitus... And like im going to go insane and that i will always hear it its giving me such headaches... And it did actually increase due to sleep deprevation and headache tension .. I know its not so loud or anything but i cant stop obsessing over it ... I broke my leg fee months ago and like this is much worse the stupid anxiety..
    • Posted

for me its been like this for over three weeks with my ears... Lol i feel so ridiculous but i cant stop thinking about it
    • Posted

I'm totally get what you're talking about, I wish I knew what to tell you to do to stop the reoccurring

Intrusive thoughts... I have the same problem, if

I ever get something in my mind... It's on... I'm going

To think about it nonstop around the clock. It's horrible. I have a psychiatrist and therapist, I unusual

See the therapist weekly and it helps some

My psychiatrist is considering starting me on a

Medication that is suppose help a lot with this.

• Posted

Thank you for your nice reply. I'm sorry that you've had all of these fears and worries. It is very draining and leaves the mental-physical-emotional pyramid unbalanced. It's weird because I've always been somewhat anxious, but these last few months have been terrible. It's still new to me and I often feel crazy, like I'm losing my mind. I even called home recently to tell my mother that my eye hurt a little and that I might be dying. Mind you, I'm a grown person living a thousand miles away from my parents! Well, I couldn't help but laugh when I told her, because saying it out loud seemed so silly. But when I'm alone with my thoughts...well, it doesn't seem so silly then. And bam - all the worries come back. But I'm actually flying home in about 10 days to spend time with family and recover....after that I'll come back here and begin therapy, and possibly start medication. My feeling is that I might have to live with anxiety, but I refuse to let the symptoms control my life! Because life is too short for that. I hope that you never let your symptoms hold you back, either. Because you have so many amazing things you need to do in life, and so many talents to share with others. So feel better!!! Peace.

• Posted

Awwww Thanks Nick

I think it's wonderful that your going home and

Take a break !! You have a plan to move forward

And get better and I know you'll be successful ... You

Have such a positive outlook.

Half of the battle is seeking help and that's part of

Your plan.. I wish I could have been this decisive.

I hope you enjoy your time with your family. Please

stay in touch when you return.. Your posts are not

Only positive but also give hope !!

Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.