Do you get these symptoms with your anxiety?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’m on 50mg sertraline, 20mg propronalol 3x a day, and 5mg diazepam as and when I need it. I do get lots of side effects and some is my anxiety but the thing that bothers me the most is my eyes are so dry and they have become blurry, some days I get migraines and it’s really uncomfortable to move my eyes around, I am on eye drops but not sure they are doing much..... can anybody help me please.... Thankyou!

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have just started on ssri medication and one of my first noticed side affects was blurry vision/dry eyes with trouble focusing. I rang my go who assured me this was common with this type of drug and to bear with it and wait for the medicine to kick in 
  • Posted

Yes I have the dry eyes. I get the blurry and uncomfortable feeling. I thought I was losing my sight.  I don't get migraines. Used to as a teen but no more. I don't use any drops. Maybe I should?  

I don't know what I can say to help you, unless knowing that somebody else is experiencing the same makes you feel better. 

• Posted

The dry blurry eyes can be just another symptom of your anxiety, unfortunately anxiety is a b***h and rears its ugly head in so many different ways, especially if you get migraines. Migraines can cause blurry vision themselves so it would be hard to say if your symptoms are a side effect of the medication, a symptom of your anxiety, or a result of the migraines themselves. Try eye drops, liquid tears, and making sure you are taking eye breaks from things like computer screens, books, phones, tablets, all of that. I would suggest talking to your doctor and having an eye exam done just to make sure you aren't dealing with something else like a clogged tear duct or something stupid and easily fixed. If the eye drops you are using aren't working talk to your doctor about it. Good luck!!!

• Posted

I had this but it was due to dry eye syndrome. This is very treatable, I would be doing you a disfavour by not mentioning this. I never put anything in my eyes unless they have been examined and stuff prescribed. Sorry to be a wet blanket but best to be safe than sorry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.