Do you have the same.

Posted , 9 users are following.

i have had fibromyalgia since 2000 but only really been diagnosed since 2014. I stopped taking all the diffrent medications they given me because they don't work. I find winter worse it's like my body turns to stone. The pain in creases. This summer I had a mini flare and could not walk while we where on holiday.my husband ended up buying me a walking stick which helped. I work and don't want to give up.I have mostly good days as in function able even though pain is there. On my bad days I feel awful not just pain but almost like depression but I know it's not. My question is how do you cope and what do you do to help your selfs? 

4 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i also have fibromyalgia since 2012 probably had it before but wrongly diagnoised

till i changed my doctors who knew about fibro. I still work but have gone on to light duties as i work for boots . I also have had many meds but have recently been put on gabapentin a high dosage and they ease me through the day but i seem to have really bad bouts of pain through the nights. My husband is not well also and i keep disturbing him as i have to get up so many times in the night.I have other tabs to take for depression, arthritus  and stomach problems. As well as looking after my husband i also look after my elderly mother who lives a distance from me. If i did't have all this to occupy me i think my fibro would be alot worse. I have a exercise bike this helps and i wear thermal socks through the winter as the heat helps with the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.