Do you have to take progesterine cream if you take vagifem or premerine?

Posted , 3 users are following.

My doctor insist progesterone cream,not a pill be taken half each month to counter balance the estrogen theraphy.She said with these treatments there is a small risk of endometrial cancer.She said somthing about new information coming out soon adviseing this.Just what Id need another med.

2 likes, 30 replies

30 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Went to my regular gyno yesterdayShe said for localised HR..vagifem etc,she does not feel the need for progesterone.The more you put into your system,well,the more can go wrong etc.
    • Posted

Well I can see her point.  I think it's something you yourself needs to weigh up really.  Also it might be relevant just how much Vagifem she's suggesting too, and for what sort of period.
    • Posted

Well first i have to try replens,coconut oil and the key E.Then at first we are only going to try premeran on the vulva.Instead of the usual 1 miligram if used internally she only prescibes one half at least in the beginning.She is also open to testing for vulvadynia on my next pelvic to rule that out as some women do have both.If i do have that she is open to medicine treatments for burning etc.
    • Posted

Yup shes a sweetheart,really listens and goes by how the patient feels.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.