Do you know how much your cyst weighed

Posted , 7 users are following.

..........just curious. Was anyone told how much their cyst weighed after removal? If so, please share if happy to. Would love to know.

j x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Julie

I lost 10lb in total but that was a cysts the size of a melon my ovary n tube so not 100% sure what the cysts was

L x

• Posted

Hi.

I actually lost about 4 - 5 kilos (8-10 pounds) after my laparotomy. But I don't know if that was the exact weight of the cyst itself though.

smile

• Posted

My Cyst weighed 3kg and measured 23cm x 19cm x 11cm apparently. Would rather have liked to see a picture of it. The closest I got to see it was a quick glance at the CT scan.
  • Posted

I was not told how much mine weighed but was told they removed 10 liters of fluid from the cyst and it was still water melon size after removing the fluid they also removed ovary's, tubes, uterus and cevix. The next day I had lost 21 lbs within a week another 10 lbs at three weeks a total of 42 lbs lost. I had asked to see a photo but never got to. The size at time of CT scan a month before surgery was 20.4 cm x 28.3 cm x 32.9 cm It did seem to get bigger in that month.RM
  • Posted

Wow, some big weight losses. There has to be some silver lining to this cloud then? I am having 2 cysts removed, one is quite large along with a full hysterectomy.  All of that must weigh something, surely?  Sure hope it does as the lbs are piling on!!!!!

thanks for sharing girls.

j x

• Posted

I was really scared that I put on weight after a week of being in bed all time, so I haven't really weighed myself until week 2.

Imagine my delight when I stepped on the scale!

Yep. A silver lining after such stressful surgery!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.