Do you need a ct scan to rule out brain tumours??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Do you need a ct scan to rule out brain tumours? Because I'm terrified I have one but my doc won't give me referral for one because my blood tests have come back clear! But until I get a ct scan I won't be convinced that I don't have one need some advice please

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had a eye test hun aswell and that was fine then he referred me for a ct scan. They can tell through eye tests if there's something there. X
  • Posted

If the dr has looked you over especially with a blood test you deffentely haven't got a brain tumor huni drs are very carful with stuff like this. If you keep telling your self you gave a brain tumor you will make yourself I'll huni that's the hardest part of anxiety you constantly think something's wrong with you I was the same I've finally come to term that I have anxiety and not a deadly illness!! Honestly huni ur fine the blood test is brilliant for finding horrible diseases xxx
    • Posted

Awh thank you girls so much really means a Lot and also I got an eye test back a few months ago and all was good!xx
    • Posted

Know how your feeling its constant worry and "what ifs" your be fine hun. It's just anxiety, it's such a horrible thing! sad 
  • Posted

Very frustrating for you.. I would say yes you would need a ct scan to rule out a brain tumor and for your own piece of mind. I too was convinced I had one. I also suffer from very bad migraines and the doc was concerned why I was having so many so I was referred to a neurologist and for a ct scan. The ct scan showed the all clear. That was two years ago.  And the neurologist had no explanation for my migraines. ........ hope this helps 
    • Posted

Really? We're you not given any blood work? And yes it did thank you😊x
    • Posted

Yes im sure I was. that's just general procedure . They were fine. Its almost like you have to exaggerate your symptoms to the gp to get anywhere these days. Just ask to be put on the public waiting list for a ct.  I don't live in the uk. So your health system might be different.
  • Posted

Very frustrating for you.. I would say yes you would need a ct scan to rule out a brain tumor and for your own piece of mind. I too was convinced I had one. I also suffer from very bad migraines and the doc was concerned why I was having so many so I was referred to a neurologist and for a ct scan. The ct scan showed the all clear. That was two years ago.  And the neurologist had no explanation for my migraines. ........ hope this helps 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.