do you recognise these symptoms ?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there, this virus is very nasty. I am on 4th month still struggling with lot of symptoms.

My mono was diagnosed late based on symptoms and very high EBV IGG and liver tests. My immune system is weak and I am developing additional bacterial infections, which is not helping 😦

My symptoms:

• moderate fever
  • sensations in my joints right leg, fingers (now greatly reduced)
  • fatigue (this has improved over time)
  • strange muscle pains in my neck,
  • I feel glands? on the right side of my neck and below my jar
  • sore jaw,
  • sore throat and cough
  • arm pits pin pain (this is annoying)
  • hot and cold like feeling at the same time in my glands which are swollen but not by much
  • partially night sweats but they reduced greatly over time

I had fever for two weeks at start and extreme fatigue. Fever is gone and fatigue is over now at least that ! I tend to stay positive but as you know it is tough having the symptoms for so long... 😦

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yea, i have these symptoms and even more neuro symptoms,everything you have plus constant twitching in my legs, calfs, leg weakness and body wide twitching included. i just posted a thread yestesday asking the same things. im on month 4.5 and its a struggle.

• Posted

what about the lymph nodes ? When they got better ?

This is now my biggest concern since I constantly feel them swollen, whole neck and around thyroid kind of pain plus on both sides of my neck and below ears + below my jaw.

Any experience when this pains stopped in your cases and glands came back to normal ?

This is strange and awful experience since I feel them and I feel like a cold inside my neck 😦

Thanks !

• Posted

I have the same thing/ It is phlegm in ears causing infection. The lymph nodes do not let the phlegm evacuate/ I have to press on them and massage them constantly to feel the phlegm flowing out. Unfortunately my main symptoms are dizziness, migraines and gastric/intestinal gastroparesis. my daughter had mono recently, mine was never confirmed, yet I have the symptoms.

• Posted

I've dealt with all of this. My doctor told me recently after I went in because of more symptoms that it takes at least 6 months to start feeling better usually. I'm on month 3 so halfway there but I know there will be more to go though after making it past this first period. Good luck and you are not alone. We will get better!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.