do you think hiking activities should be limited ?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all! I am new here. I am planning to have an operation in January next year. I have problems on my both feets. Since there is a huge bunion on one of them it affects the other too. I tried to ignore an operation need  but I need to increase my life quality as it is causing always some new problems and getting worse. Do you think hiking activities should be avoided from your experience? I am a kind of person that try to walk at least one hour in a day . But hiking takes a whole day. I have proper shoes and in one hour  it does not cause a big problem but I have not been going hiking for at least 2 years. I missed hiking so very much...

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I have learned to listen to my body .. my former walking/hiking activities have become almost nil in the past couple of years, and working outside very limited thanks to painful feet. That was why I have opted for surgery .. first foot May 28, the other next year. I will be giving up a couple of years for hopefully regained mobility. Hopefully  it will help you get your life back as well !
  • Posted

Also when your feet are out of whack, knees and hips cause pain as well .. pushing yourself through that doesn`t pay off I have found ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.