Do you think I can drop down from 15mg to 7.5?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey all,

I'm currently weaning off 30mg of Mirt. My doc knows. He recommended I start this process by alternating between 30mg and 15mg each night for two weeks. Little does he know, I have not done this. I've dropped straight down to 15mg each night. Been doing that for a week now. And guess what? I feel good! I'm sleeping better too, and not as hungry! I've gotta do it for another week.

My question: after completing this two week block on 15mg, do you think I'd be okay coming down to 7.5mg each night (and do that for two weeks)?

My doc would ideally want me to alternate between 15mg/7.5. I don't see the point though! How is alternating going to let your body properly adjust to a new dose? It's like you're telling your body one thing, then the next day, something different.

Your thoughts?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

By the way, I was on 30mg for ONE YEAR.
  • Posted

Everyone is different, and it sounds like you might be lucky. However I would advise caution. It took about 3weeks of reduction for the withdrawal symptoms to kick in with me, when I was just relaxing and thinking how well it was going. And that makes sense, actually, because it takes a few weeks for the drug to start working when you first take it. Most doctors seem to recommend the alternating method. I've now slowed down to taking the reduced dose (15mg) twice a week.
  • Posted

What pixie says. 

Some people have major side effects and withdrawal symptoms when weaning of mirt. Count your blessings and take the next few weeks slower. Maybe alternate between 15 and 7.5 or if you feel good after a few nights try 7.5 every night for a week or two, teen 3.75 for a while and then 3.75 only every second day etc....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.