Do you think TSH 0.6 is too low

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I am 72 have had hypothyroidism since my early 40s. For many years I was on 125mg. I moved house 3 years ago and my doctor is 2017/18 after a routine yearly blood test reduced my dose to 100 as my blood test was low andjust out of range. Fast forward to now I now have a lot of health problems and therefore symptoms. Recently diagnosed with mild fibromyalgia have been having itchy skin and feeling hot at times. These are also Fibromyalgia symptoms. My blood test in October was 0,6 (range used was 0.5 to 5 I believe). For the last 2 years it has been 1. something. The only thing I can think of is that I now take my levothyroxine when I wake and then have a shower then take other medication and have breakfast around an hour later. Perhaps the levothyroxine is being better absorbed. My gp said the level was ok as still in range. Would you get symptoms at this level do you think. Any suggestions welcome.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Many say TSH should be below one to feel well, but you need your FT3 and FT4 testing as well to get a clearer picture of what is going on.

Doctors just look at TSH levels and if it is low they reduce your levo. then symptoms return which looks like as happened in your case. I am hypo and I often feel hot, sometimes hypo and hyper symptoms can over lap. I doubt you are over medicated if your symptoms came on after your dose reduction, you sound more hypo.

Good luck.

• Posted

The advice you are given by MtViewCathrine is full of pseudoscience and it's very dangerous .

Levothyroxine does NOT cause any autoimmune diseases, it's a purified hormone bioidentical to what your body uses. I had the same skin rash & feeling hot symptoms when my TSH hit 0.8 last year, and it all went away when I reduced my dose from 88 to 75 mcg so please just go that way.

And also please be very very of getting advice from random people on the internet, the thyroid communities are full of misinformation.

• Posted

Chris, you might want to look at the side effects listed by manufacturers. They do list fibromialgya and lupus as side effects.

No need to be insulting. I was just sharing my experience. I wish someone had warned me about the serious side effects.

• Posted

definately can get over medicated symptoms at thus level try to decrease dosage by a bit

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.