Do your anxiety symptoms last for days/weeks?

Posted , 224 users are following.

My physical symptoms of anxiety seem to never go away 😟 does anyone else have the same thing and is this normal? I'm sick of it and because it's always here I think there definately is something wrong with me! It's horrible living like this.

Also, when you start to obsess with one symptom (me chest pain mainly breast) I feel like it's actually something serious and its like I'm seeing more symptoms of it being serious. It's hard to describe but if you obsess that much always lookin etc if it possibly for you to make up new physical symptoms in your head?? I'm making myself go mad. Want my pain to

Go away and it won't which makes me more anxious.

Thanks for reading, Nicola xx

25 likes, 296 replies

296 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi Mango. Thank you for your reply, hope your well. Life is a struggle when we have to put up with anxiety and the horrible symptoms. I'm new to it and I think it all started when I had my second baby (15 weeks ago) not sure if my hormone changes have liked this off. It's really hard to cope with anything just now. I'm constantly asking for doctors reassurance. X
    • Posted

Becoming a mum is life changing itself.i also am forever asking for reassurance even though I don't believe what the doctor says.my family and friends are sick of me talking about it.do you take meds? I can't tolerate anything now my anxiety is so bad can't even use a hayfever spray.enjoy your baby my little boy is 5 and I've missed out so much with him this last year I feel so bad I can't take him out and have fun anymore take care xxxx 
  • Posted

Hi Nicola I like many have had the symptoms your having.Theres no quick fix wish there was,just try and reason it out and say its anxiety nothing else.Make yourself move around ,defy this anxiety taking your days away from you. That's what it does stops you in your tracks. I've had it for long time to but I struggle on won't give into it.Tomorrow could be the day it disappears for good stay on site and talk its contact with ones suffering this miserable condition.big hug x

• Posted

hi my name is Jennifer I'm 38 I have severe anxiety too I worry all the time since I was young I hate it too I'll be up nights at a time can't sleep right now I really want to move back to my apartment which my Mom says I might be able to next year I had heart failure last Nov but getting better I'm in a group home now but my house mate constantly makes me worry about her hitting my staff and getting them in trouble for her lying and I always want to get up and go to my group therapy program and start my day I don't want to sleep I don't know why

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  

• Posted

Thank you ladies ☺️ it helps to know I'm not the only one. For now we will struggle but we will beat anxiety soon enough. Night for now xx
    • Posted

Nicola,  You are NOT alone.  I'm sorry you are going through this.  I understand.  It has been 6 months and I get little breaks here and there throughout the day, but haven't had one full day without the anxiety.  You are not going mad.  The chest pain and physical pain are real.  I also have them.  But I"m trying to accept them, knowing that this can't last forever.  When I try to make it go away, it get's worse.  So that's not an answer.  You are right WE WILL BEAT ANXIETY...Just being on this site has helped me deal with the pain of it.  As Marlene said, tomorrow could be the day it all goes away.  For today, we need to continue on.  Gnite.
    • Posted

Hey nicola I'm afraid to say I've had anxiety nearly 11yrs and still get symptoms chest pains and pain down the left side are the more common symptoms even now I sometimes think it's something serious even though I know it's my anxiety but I have found distractions are the best way of coping as medication doesn't work for me I have had every test under the sun and scans chest xrays everything lol took 3yrs just to diagnose it my music is probably the best one basically anything that distracts you from thinking about it seems to work
    • Posted

Defiantly not alone hunny! I think of anxiety from the minute I wake up to the minute I sleep!
    • Posted

I I can relate I was diagnosed with anxiety when I was young for about 10 years I didn't have any problems I got sick with pots which causes my blood pressure to drop in my heart to rise when I stand up every since then I've been having bad anxiety attacks they started from the time I wake up and sometimes last for hours I tried taking Zoloft and Paxil and it made it worse I don't know what to do I just want my life back I have a panic attack every time I go in a store I'm lost

• Posted

hi my name is Jennifer I'm 38 I have severe anxiety too I worry all the time since I was young I hate it too I'll be up nights at a time can't sleep right now I really want to move back to my apartment which my Mom says I might be able to next year I had heart failure last Nov but getting better I'm in a group home now but my house mate constantly makes me worry about her hitting my staff and getting them in trouble for her lying and I always want to get up and go to my group therapy program and start my day I don't want to sleep I don't know why

also I get aches, and pains with anxiety too my back, pinch nerves, and hip will hurt, I always shake my legs when sitting I worry about what people think of me, I try too hard or just don't get involved I'm also currently experiencing shakiness and tremors like there's always an earthquake I hate it and I'm always hot but some days are good and some days aren't it depends I guess sometimes it happens for no reason I read but you may e-mail me anytime I'm going through the same thing since 1995 anyway ttyl I'm still up and it's 3:17am ugh I want to get up already lol anyway ttyl  

• Posted

Hi Nicola, I've just read your post and you mentioned having a young baby - I have a 7 month old boy and my anxiety started when he was 3-4 months old.

the doctor suggested post natal depression. I don't know about you but I don't feel 'depressed' I just have physical symptoms constantly. Maybe it could be something to do with having new babies? I'm the same, always wanting reassurance from the doctor. Have you been to hospital with your symptoms? That's one thing I always want to do! 

Take care x

• Posted

I m also a mother of 8 mnth child .before 6 year i have severe anxiety but i beat it i thought i m fully recovered now but after my baby when she was in 3 rd mnth eventually anxiety hits me again
  • Posted

Thank you Sue and Chatlotte. 

I've been to my doctors of several occasions about the pain I had an ECG and blood tests done along with a chest X-ray. They the pain was mainly my breast and now I e asked for an appointment at breast clinic. I won't rest until

i know I'm okay. I can then accept it as health anxiety. Someone else mentioned it being that Charlotte, could well be right but I'm not sure I want to do anything else until I've been to breast clinic. It's all came out the blue. My doctor thinks the pain I'm breast is hormonal. 

Thanks xx

• Posted

Hi nicola im having my first anxiety attack i think ive gotten all the same test as u and everything cane back normal its been 5 days and my arm and left side of chest is still tingling im really freaked out i dont know what to do they never told me anything about anxiety when i went to the hospital

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.