Do your own homework

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been taking a/d's for 32 years. I have never experienced the nightmare that I am going through now. Please research your medications thoroughly. I was put on mirt for insomnia. The best relief i received was a night of awakening every two hours accompanied by graphic nitemares, and trips to the fridge. Now, 40lbs or so later I have panic attacks, insomnia, depression, shakes, wild restlessness, nausea from hell, etc. I am about 6 weeks off. I am sure this drug is a Godsend to some...but please check it out. Most Dr.s have never taken most of these. Even more have never come off of them. Any Dr. telling you to go cold turkey off of mirt has a fool for a patient, IMHO. End rant. Happy Thanksgiving.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i also have to agree with you theyr the worse meds I've ever took, they have stole a year of my life !!!

then the hell of getting of them!!!

i just can't get my head round how docs keep telling us there is no withdrawls what a load crap...

im of them 7wks and il never touch mirtazapine again, just sorry I didn't research about them before I took them but then again when your needing anti depressant tablets you trust your doc never again . Il research every med before I take it...

hope all goes well for anyone who like myself who are on the withdrawls of mirtazapine!!!

Kaz

• Posted

Hey Kaz, I feel if we can help one person then it is worth it. I have also found that propanolol short acting 10mg tablets are working alittle better for me than the long acting 60 mg capsules for a bit of relief from the internal earthquakes. Hope you are doing well.
    • Posted

Hi Gretel

yes the slow release propanalol seem to take forever to work for me it's 20mg 3 time per day I'm meant to take but I'm not sure where you are but I'm in Ireland and seems we only get them in 10mgs so I just take 10mg each time and that seems to help.. don't want to get hooked on them lol..

makes me so cross the way docs and p.docs just hand mirtazapine out they give me anixty I never in my life suffered it until I started them and now I'm of them the anixty isn't as bad... they also told me they weren't addicted more lies..

i feel so sorry for anyone (myself included) who has been or is going through this mirtazapine withdrawals hell

Hope you start to feel better soon Gretel

Kaz

• Posted

Me too....I'm  13 Months off and still follow how others, on this forum are doing... after living with anxiety from Mirtazipine.

• Posted

We appreciate you Vikki. It gives us a guide as to what is to come. And the remedies that you employed that worked or failed. I know it stinks to be tied to the Mirt situation, but we gain from everyones experience!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.