Do your symptoms come and go or do they stick around?

Posted , 9 users are following.

The only symptoms I have consistently are insomnia and anxiety (well, and wonky cycles). Everything else seems to fluctuate. Back in the spring, I had a stretch where I was having heart palpitations/skipped beats regularly for a month or so (heart workup showed all was fine). Then I went through a stretch of having wicked night sweats. Now it seems to be a tingly foot and odd nerve sensations off and on during the day and muscle spasms when I am falling asleep at night. Each symptom has had me worried about different things, but taken all together, they all seem to be part of perimenopause. Just wondering if this is normal (is there even a normal peri experience?) or if my symptoms should be more consistent.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I don't know if I should reply as I am new to perimenopause, but most of my symptoms do fluctuate. Some days I feel like I have the flu and barely make it off the couch. Other days, I can do some things around the house and run some errands. The only symptom which is ever present and never changes is my blurry/wonky vision.

• Posted

Hi tebrown, I cycle through symptoms as well, 1 1/2 yrs ago, I started this mess with irregular periods, heart palps, tingles, health anxiety, gi, gerd and weight loss, fatigue, ...that lasted about 6 months. Then, migraines, dizzy, fatigue, closer, lighter periods. lately, periods spaced apart further, terrible migraines and dizzies. Gerd and heart palps, not too bad. Also, weight is staying on as my appetite is better. I have days that my fatigue just floors me...like my body is dying.

Also, I seem to have worse symptoms when I skip a period...then when it comes, it is heavier. Sounds normal to me! operations are shutting down!

• Posted

Hello,

My symptoms were never consistent, one day great, the next wonky, the next anxious and so on.... And so you are probably as normal as the rest of us. Have you had a blood test? Xx

• Posted

Most of my symptoms seem to wax and wane, like the tingling, fatigue, anxiety (can be extreme), headaches, eye pain, tired and heavy eyes, dry eyes nose and mouth, some incontinence, sore neck, heavy head, weak or jelly-legs, brain fog, jaw pain, heart palpitations, irritability, burning tongue, light sensitivity (most of the time), bloating etc etc (most of the 66 peri symptoms) but my vision seems to have changed and is constantly hazy or spacey-like and this makes me dizzy most of the time.

• Posted

I think it must be par for the course we're on. Your description fits me to a T. Come n go....worry about a different disease thats killing me slowly...geez!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.