Doc changed anti biotic to cipro

Posted , 5 users are following.

Well i stopped the macrobid and the doc called today and said the infection was only treatable with the macrobib, penacilin or cipro, and i can't take the penacilin (sp) allergic and the macrobid was awful, so I have to take the cipro for 3 days at 250mgs.  I am not happy about this.  But she said stopping the antibiotics will only cause the infection to get worse.  I'm pretty anxious of course, just took a 1/2 a xanax, cause the propranolol is not stopping it totally yet.  I'll tell you, i've never had so mch crap going on at once.  I'm about tired of this craziness.  

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Patty

I stopped the keflex last Sunday and I Am still Feeling the side effects. I have been taking Cipro since then and I am okay, only thing is slight cramping but nothing like the other stuff.

I get so nervous in taking anything anymore because it seems like it triggers dizziness ,nausea or throws me off balance..

Feel better. 😀

• Posted

Hi Angie

I know what you mean, I hate taking meds. The doc said she was calling in the cipro and she left work and forgot to. I guess she wanted to get home.

So your on cipro? Is it for a bladder infection? How's it going with your propranolol? I just upped the dose a bit to 15mgs and will up it again in a few days to 20mgs. Been feeling dizzy but I've been pretty stress and anxious this week so it may be from that.

• Posted

Mine is for A UTI.. I already had Cipro at home so I am taking it twice a day. Propranolol I am taking 10 mg, half in the morning half at night.

I do okay but but balance is bad so until I go to therapy I am doing balance exercises.

Here swing my ENT Again, Hope he doesn't throw me out from seeing me to much. 😂😂

Can you call your doctor's office so they can call your Rx in?

• Posted

I'm allergic to penicillin as well and have to take cipro for UTIs. It tends to hurt my stomach but it's better than Macrobids side effects!

You'll do okay on it!

• Posted

Thanks I hope so, but the doc forgot to call it in. So I guess I have to wait now.
    • Posted

Cipro is usually the drug of choice for UTI's.  You're on a short term dosage, so hang in there - you'll do OK.  Take it after you've eaten something.

?I saw the Oto-neurologist last week.  He asked me if I'm feeling anxious because of all these dizzy issues.  Told him not really, just frustrated!  He wanted to prescribe something, but I said no.  He suggested taking DHEA as a "naural" treatment.  Ever tried that?  I read up on it, and won't take it, as it increases hormones, and I use bioidenticals thru my gyno.  If you're not using any type of replacement, maybe read up on that? St. John's Wart is another possibility for stress relief.

• Posted

I don't take anything but the propranolol and occasional xanax. I also am hypothyroid so taking anything that messes with hormones I have to be careful.

• Posted

I take thyroid replacement as well.  I had blood work done last week to see if the amount I am taking is correct, since that can also cause dizziness.  I take an occasional very small dosage of Valium at night if my neck/shoulders become tight and uncomfortable.

It's definitely a delicate balance to feel well. 

• Posted

My neck and shoulders are tight right now and dizziness is worse. Do you notice dizziness is worse when neck, shoulders and head ache? I find it weird how they just start to ache out of nowhere. Have you noticed after you've been stress or anxious that your dizziness gets worse after the stress stops? I've been very anxious and worried this week with all the doctor stuff and tests. I guess when the doc started talking about this uti could be something more like kidney problems I started to worry. I'm a worrier anyway and since this dizzy stuff started 16 months ago I haven't done so well and my anxiety gets high fast. The other problem is everytime this dizziness kicks in bad I start to think it's something bad or something bad is going to happen. I hoped the propranolol would help but I'm on a small dose so maybe it's not enough

• Posted

I definitely feel more dizzy when my neck and shoulders get tight.  In the past I had seen a PT who did gentle stretching to my neck, and I walked out of there feeling less dizzy, with less tinnitus and just better overall.  She unfortunately moved away, and a couple PT's I have seen since didn't seem to help.  I am a worrier too, and have been dealing with these issues for more than 6 years.  I've had MRI's, bloodwork, the testing for vestibular disease etc. and nothing seems to be wrong in those respects.  I know you have mentioned being on the computer bothers you.  I think that is also a trigger to me.  Whether that is from the postural aspect, or from my eyes, I'm not sure.  The comment that eleftherio made yesterday about Visual Vertigo hit home with me.  I hope that you can find an answer to your dizziness.  I believe that mine is caused more from mechanical issues than metabolic ones, but I'm waiting to hear back from my latest thyroid test to see if that's a factor.  That and possibly a nutritional deficiency, since I am mainly a vegetarian.  As I said earlier, it is a delicate balance to feel well, and as one gets older, things change and may need to be handled differently.  Please don't worry needlessly, but try to relax more and try to determine when you have your worst times-what may have precipitated them.  Have a good night.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.