Doc check up

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went to doc today again with bv just got through with antibiotics clindymicin and of course didn't work so he done a 15 panel to see what bacteria is causing all this so it can be treated cause nothing is working. Has anybody else had this done and if so did it work out?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, have never heard of a 15 panel. How does that work and is this only in America or somewhere. Am in UK. I have been using Clindamycin as well and its not worked in over 6 months now. Have also tried probiotic yogurt, tea tree oil, hydrogen peroxide for more natural methods. Would love to know exactly what bacteria was causing mine. All they have said is that I have very little of the good bacteria - lactobacilus. So am taking pills of that at the moment. Thing with antibiotics is that it seems to be a vicious circle cos they kill the good stuff too. Sorry can't be of more help. Hopefuly someone else will be on here.

• Posted

Is that like a bacterial culture? I had it done a few times, every time it came back a different bacteria, and these bacteria are usually the normal ones found in the vaginal environment, so not sure if its an overgrowth or something. I have suffered also with yeast, and an yeast culture is even more rare and difficult to do, so none of the docs i went to had it done. They usually diagnose with symptoms and/or microscopic examination of the dischage. 

My experience is that even if you find out which bacteria is causing the problem this time, sometimes its not always the case. THe next infection could be due to another different bacteria and reason being that your vaginal environment is thrown off balance by the many doses of antibiotics or suppositories that you put inside to treat the initial infection. 

My suggestion is to see what the doc says, but at the same time, keep trying out various methods such as boric acid suppositories(which is a bit more natural compared to the ones docs prescribe), exercise everyday, drink lots of water, take probiotics, eating lots of green veges and good omega oil like salmon, sleep before 11PM, just overall to improve your own body status. You need to build up a stronger defense!! I am still working at my routines and it still comes back, but at a less frequent rate. You are not alone!

• Posted

I've done all that and nothing has worked. I'm still taking the probiotics and using replens but at the moment that's all I'm doing cause I've tried everything and nothing works. I'm still trying to get rid of the smell!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.