DOCTOR

Posted , 6 users are following.

Ive had Menieres Disease for 2 years now and because i had to go on state medicaid my doctor said i can return to work . He keeps pushing the surgery on me to cut the balance nerve and i refuse to do it. Anyone else have had this happen? He really messed up my life my insurance company cut me off on anymore payments. why do doctors do this? Now i cant think properly at all and am so stressed out having more anxiety and vertigo attacks now. I had to get a attorney to help me fight. Please any suggestions would be much appreciated. I see a new doctor next week

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello dbmarie3,

I understand your confusion, You are headed in the right direction, seeing a new doctor is a great idea, unfortunately not all doctors are helpful, and some do not support disability, simply because they do not want to do all the paperwork required, and they don't want to deal with Social Security in a disability claim. I have been through all of this and its not easy. Keep your chin up and take care of yourself. Best wishes

• Posted

I'm sorry about your problems. I know how depressing it is to deal with this situation over a long term period. Do you have a constant vertigo problem or is it episodic? Have you lost much hearing? think there are solutions. I had a chemical destruction of my labyrinth. It has stabilized the vertigo problem. By the time I had this procedure I was totally deaf in my diseased ear and so I did not have to sacrifice any hearing.

• Posted

sometimes its constant and sometimes its episodic. I wish i can predict what it will do.

Im on Betahistine which has calmed it down some but still have 2 to 3 episodes lasting up to 8 hours a week. I have hearing loss in 1 ear. What is this chemical destruction?

• Posted

A new doctor is a great idea. I went through a couple of "quacks" before I found a good one. As for the insurance, maybe call a rep or a navigator. They are usually very understanding and more than willing to help get you the coverage you need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.