Doctor doctor wants to make changeKi

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I had a feeling that this day was coming. Because I am on Oriencia I developed Psoriasis. I asked her to lower the dose of Oriencia to see if it got better, it did not. I just had my blood taken and my inflammation numbers are up and now she is talking about changing biologics.  I am currently on 10 mg. MTX and no pain pills or prednisone.  At the present time the only pain I have is my knuckles hurt. I am due my infusion tomorrow.  I have been on Remicade and after a year it stopped working. While on Remicade I was on prednisone and pain medication.  Oriencia has been a life changer for me and after looking at all of the other biologics I just do not see one that is going to work.  Oriencia is the only biologic that helps with the selective T Cells, no other biologics do that and I feel that if the other drugs don’t do that then they will not work and I will be back on prednisone and pain medication. Unfortunately I live in the states and my Medicare will not cover shots or pills, what a delima Everything I. Take has to be an infusion. Retuxin scares me to death, Actemera can causes heart attaches and the only thing left is to go back on  Remicade.  I really don’t know what to do. I am almost positive that to take any of the other drugs that my days of no pain and no prednisone are short lived. The question is this, has anybody been on a biologic and had extremely good results and because you get some other autoimmune disease while on the medication and then had to go off and put on another biologic how. Did that work out.? Did you stay the same, get better or worse? I am so upset because  Oriencia makes life wonderful and now because It caused the Psoriasis I have to get off.  I really hope someone has some experience along these lines.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel your pain!  I am going on medicare next month and fortunately I am on Remacade and have been for 4 years and it has been good to me.  I had to go on Part N to get it because as you say, they will cover an infusion but not shots or pills.  I have friends that are not having to go off them and try to go on Remacade.  I don't know what I will do once it stops working for me because mtx, plaquenil, and the rest don't work for me and I won't take pred.  Have you tried going to the Oriencia and asking if they will pay for it?  Remacade is paying for mine.  Also there are some websites out there that can help you with your drugs.  Hopefully I am allowed to share them on this site.  See below.  Good Luck! http://www.needymeds.org/

https://prescriptionhope.com/

http://rxoutreach.org/

• Posted

Hi Jo, Embrel ( Etanercept ) worked well for me, within 2 hours of first injection, not an infusion.
  • Posted

Do any of these meds have the horrible side effects most RA meds have? 
    • Posted

Yes, although I have not had any problem with Remicade or Oriencia.

• Posted

I have not had any side effects from any of my meds including MTX or Remacade.  I think I am one of the lucky ones but you may be too!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.