Doctor ordered another phlebotomy even though my ferritin was down to 54

Posted , 4 users are following.

My ferritin levels started at 1887. After 15 weekly phlebotomies it went down to 83, the doctor ordered another phlebotomy and gave me a month off. After a month my level was down to 54 and he ordered another phlebotomy. Isn't that a bit low to continue taking blood? I go back in another month to see how much lower it went.

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Chris, My dr likes to keep mine at 30 and my other dr liked to keep it at 15.
  • Posted

OMG thats fantastic, i cant wait for mine to get that low, started at 2000, after 13 weeklys it dropped to 992 and now continuing till 50,,, had about 16 now so still a way to go....( need to get it down so it stops storing in my liver where its caused severe ciirhosis)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.