doctor put me on sick for 3weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

due to me being extremely exhausted doctor has put me on the sick for 3weeks and none of the medication has worked for me and they r running out of options to what I can now take as tryed me on nearly everything I'm unsure what the next step for me is I'm also on crutches and struggling to do a full week in work don't know what todo for the best work wise they have referred me to ocupatinal health

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarapianfree

Have you considered herbal remedies?

Message me privately and I can tell you more about the remedies I have been trying since Feb 2015.  I can't mention on here as I will be advertising.

If you get a chance read my post I posted a few months ago on here about my experinces with herbal remedies.

Hope I can be of some assistance.  Take care and sending you gentle warm hugs from ME to YOU....wink xx

• Posted

I was told by the doctor who diagnosed me that there is actually NO drugs that can treat our condition and it's symptoms...  at least not adequately
    • Posted

they either make. me sick or really sleepy but your right nothing works
  • Posted

In Sept 2014 I took medical leave after working 50-60+ hr work weeks (which included traveling for 2 years) after being in a car accident in 2012. I've been in pain management ever since with 7 herniated discs and every complication that can arise from that, including permanent neuropathy, loss of reflexes and dvt. Recently I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I'm on 15 different medications and they are a bandaid. I've lost my job, my ability to drive, to be active with my 3 young sons, and most of the quality of life I once had. This isn't something I would wish on anyone. I filed for unemployment and was approved but they won't pay while I'm under the care of a doctor (which is the rest of my life) and I'm on my second filing for disability. I have an attorney for the car accident and one for the disability. I've yet to receive a penny. My medical bills are over $20,000 a year and pharmacy bills to match my medical.

When your in the position we are where the only solution is to treat the symptoms, sometimes the best treatment is to know your not alone and that there are others who understand what your going through and exactly what it feels like and how it makes you feel emotionally too.

So Sarapainfree, I am here with you! You are not alone! Please feel free to message me anytime if you just need to talk. And I wish and everyone else here the best of luck with their treatments.

• Posted

You have my sympathies KMmva....   After my MVA 13yrs ago, I've been battling my head and spinal issues.  Fibromyalgia doesn't get any better...  I know use elbow crutches/or one depends how I am of a day/evening.

Yes a very costly business...  I lost everything fighting our system here. All I needed was the assistance for rehab and basic medical help...  Far TO LITTLE and FAR TO LATE for anything now.   Fibromyalgia set in pretty dam fast with Central Nervous System compromised!!   

Gentle hugs KMmvz, and Sarapainfree....

• Posted

sorry to here of your battles and accidents things like that make me realise sometimes I'm not as bad as others have it really hope u get some outcome soon not nice to hear of people fighting for help and surport they deserve in there time of need x
    • Posted

I feel for everyone to Sarapainfree....  and there are many who have had it so bad for many years.  Losing quality of life due to health and disability issues.  Some folk losing their security, home/s, family, friends and eventually some also become paupers...  Mental health takes a huge hit when folk are continuously dumbed down, suspressed and 'not believed' their health condition 'is as bad as they say it is'.

NO-ONE knows how bad Fibro is OR how BAD/Chronic it can morph into....  TILL they acquire the condition themselves..  and live the deprived life like others have to...  Then they will also learn what STRESS does to those with FIBROMYALGIA.....especially LONG TERM!.....

Sorry a wee vent...  :-)  

HUGS TO ALL Fellow Sufferers ..My heart goes out to everyone.  Even to those who suffer OTHER painfull conditions.  Bless them and bless us with strength.  Keep us all strong.!

• Posted

That's wonderful creola that you've found such great relief. However fibromyalgia is not autoimmune. Many people who suffer from it also have an autoimmune condition and the symptoms can memic that of rheumatic arthritis or osteoarthritis which are autoimmune bit fibromyalgia is neurological. They believe the neurons mis-fire causing pain to have a more intense feeling. It's more common in women ages 20-50.
    • Posted

You're right, my mistake. I checked and even though it (fibro) is similar to RA and some believe it to be true but it's not. I have a thyroid problem and a couple of other things going on, (lucky me) NOT.

The doctors I'm seeing have me doing brain excersises and electrical stimulator which after only 3 treatments I'm doing better. I truely hope you all find something that works. I wouldn't wish this pain on anyone.

Hugs and hope

• Posted

No problem Creola, fibro is still a very non-understood condition. Many people still think it's something that is made up or even phsychosis, where we believe we are in pain so we are. They don't understand and never truly can without feeling it. They don't get that having a stained muscle can feeling like we broke our leg... with all the broken bones I've had from my car accidents and the pain I get from them when the weather changes makes it feel like I broke them all over again.

I'm glad to hear you are getting treatment that is helping. If it works stick with it!

Best of luck and wishes of relief for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.