Doctor refused to replace lost methadone prescription

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

Well I have been prescribed methadone for 10 years, started at 100ml due to my high level of tolerance due to 15 years use of heroin.I used to be a mule so had ample amount of it.I decided to try stopping using so came to UK, knowing no dealer or other addicts there and decided to kick bad habit.From 100ml slowly decreasing now I am on 24ml.I never had any problems with my doctor, never lost script, never lost methadone, I felt great never sick and free from heroin bad habits.I have 3 children, the last one has cerebral palsy, and my doctor knows it.She need constant care.Sadly this weekend I lost my script while picking up my son at school.I contacted doctor and he told me he could not reissue one.Called my key worker who contacted doctor receptionist who told him that the school contacted them to tell them they had found my script but posted it.So he told me to go back to doctor and have new script done.I ran there because it was already 5.30 pm and soon close.Also it was Friday!!!

The doctor still refused to re script me, knowing I was a single mother with a child with cerebral palsy!!!!

He told me he wanted prescription so had to wait for post...

I went in state of chock, ran home and went into deep chock.My breath my mind was racing and felt like injecting some heroin.The first time since 12 years, after being stable for so long my mind was flooded with fear of not being able to take care of my kids, and had to find someone to take care of them.For the first time my kids felt something was wrong with me.I had to tell their uncle to take care of them.Then raced around trying to find heroin to last until script run out.Because I don't have any dealer contact so I got cheated out my last money, and had to take codeine pill.Now all my kids family and friends knows I am a junky.I feel like crap and lost.It is Sunday and I feel so depressed I want to kill myself.How sad i was so well...

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

i know, doctor's can be so pininckety and seem to think that all addicts are automatically a thief and not to be trusted. you don't sound like you have a very understaning dr - he sounds crap but remeber you have been clean so long and sometimes the fear of rattling is worse than the experience turns out to be. the meth in your system should last a while if you keep busy and don't stress. when is your script due? try any drug worker or doctor and take whatever you can get your hands on in terms of diazepam, a beer, paracetamol and if worst comes to worst you'll have to have some heroin and remeber you have not lost it all for the sake of 1 fix. you were oushed into it and it is merely a stop gap till you get your script orted out (i'm still an addict so it would be a good excuse for me!) but if you are that desparate not to touch it again be strong and wait till you get your meth. it might not be as bad as you think and just tell everyone you've got really bad flu. good luck and hope you are ok. ruth
  • Posted

I'm sorry to say but your Dr sounds like he's an \"incompassionate non understanding KN*B\"!!!After you being nothing short of brilliant+inspirational in the fact 'IT-CAN BE DONE'.The KN*B(oops)i mean Dr didn't even think about the fact of the possability of a total re-lapse...the least he could of done was given you a script for fridays+a post dated script for Sat. sunday you could handle coz it's still in your system meantime your script is safely back at the surgery.On the other down side of it is....who found +who in the school now knows your a scripted junkie? hopefully thiers no fall-out! because in reality you need to be commended. Be lucky+keep it up!!!Audrey
  • Posted

you guys in Britain make such a HUGE deal over Methadone, here in Canada the atmosphere is 100% more RELAXED, I can't believe how seriously the authorities take methadone over there, it is way, way more relaxed here
  • Posted

I read a thing that said you can lose your right to drive in Britain if you are on Methadone, is that true ??? We have cars in Canada with 440 cubic inch motors which are 435 horsepower and you can drive them on HUGE doses of Methadone and you are in violation of no laws or rules, it sounds very, very uptight in Britain as far as methadone is concerned
  • Posted

Help son lost is script for methadone here in UK no one will help.

• Posted

Doctors in the UK are becoming more and more intolerant as regards methadone & drugs. They make alot of money of drug companys prescribing. the rules are getting stricter and stricter and there ruining lifes in the processes.

They used to replace lost perscriptions and now dont. They now also only allow daily collection so its harder to stock pile a surplus for emergency.

Never tell your doctor you have a driving licence or work a job eather as they will try to take them.

Your best bet is to try to get a detox or rehab asap. Try Narconon they have a great drug free detox and the doctors make nothing from them.

• Posted

Bargaining no longer have clinics in the UK.
  • Posted

Sorry predictive text, should be Narconon clinics.
  • Posted

Yes I think you are right there, its a shame as it worked very well for me. I got 6 years clean after a 3 month stay in one of there rehabs. some of the lessons were a little ''far out'' at first but it all came together once you looked at the bigger picture so to speak. The first part realy helped with the withdrawal, I'd been in a Christian cold turkey rehab & lasted 3 days before I was clawing the wall to get out.

I'm waiting on a state detox & rehab now. I did ask about funding for a possible Narconon rehab after a state funded detox but they only use one called Acorn now which is CBT & 12 step. 12step is again abit ''far out'' & hasnt delivered for me as yet. I much preferred the Narconon ''far out'nes'' it didnt have the ''your doomed'' as an addict for life connotation to it & I felt alot more in control of my life & felt like I possibly was cured. well I was for 6 years.... There isnt realy much on offer, I've herd of a detox involving Ibogaine where after 4 days your cured, theres 2 places that do it but its a heavy heavy treatment & potentially illegal....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.