Doctor said gastritis but no hpylori and no ulcer yet, only meds given are omeprazole + domperidone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Doctor said gastritis but no hpylori and no ulcer yet, only meds given are omeprazole + domperidone

hello,

Can you tell me what should be the treatment when having gastritis but no ulcer yet ?

Doctor said that I have to reduce acid and eat good food until gastritis cures itself.

Do you think that it will be enough ?

I cannot find any help on Internet when having gastritis but no hpylori ?

Do many people have gastritis without specific reason ?

Should I do a gastroscopy (endoscopy of my stomach) ? It's expensive where I live and insurance won't pay, so I would like to do it only if really useful. Doctor said not yet ?

Thank you for your help.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

What are your symptoms?

I’m thinking I also have ulcer but not sure.

• Posted

Hi Garygary

I was diagnosed with h pylori and told it was eradicated to 're test me for this they took me off my meds omziprole and ended up in hospital. The doctor said I needed an endoscopy which is next week but also I had gastritis. I have completely changed my diet to a healthy no rubbish diet and stayed on omziprole which helps reduce acid. I also have started taking a spoon of manuka honey every day. For the past 3 days if me doing this I have had no pain and no issues!! I think your doctor is right if you change your diet and stick to your meds you should feel a lot better. Just keep an eye on what you eat and anything that triggers a problem stay away from it. Hope this helps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.