Doctor up my mg on paxil

Posted , 3 users are following.

went back to doctor, for I'm still having some mild panic attack, she just renewed my xanax same miligram but uped the miligram on mt paxil from 20 mg to 40 mg. Isthat going to make me have more side effect with paxil? somewhat afraid to take the 40 mg.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Good deal! It is very doubtful that you have any new side effects.  You have to weight and measure side effects. You rather be highly anxious and miserable or not so anxious, and feel a little groggy? Just try to learn to be patient, find ways to self soothe and calm yourself.  Follow your doctors instructions so you don't create any doubt. Make sure to check in with you doctor if you are having any issues. 
  • Posted

Thanks, for the advice that helped.
    • Posted

Your welcome.  It is hard to be patient when we are ill or life is in disorder. Hang in there. And follow up with your doc if haven't felt any difference in a few weeks to a month.
  • Posted

I get by taking the 40mg  will feel a bit groggy correct?
    • Posted

The paxil shouldn't so much, may? But some people have complained of it.  Xanax certainly can.  Trust me you will benefit from the upped dose, when I am can't be for sure!
    • Posted

The paxil shouldn't so much, may? But some people have complained of it.  Xanax certainly can.  Trust me you will benefit from the upped dose, when I am can't be for sure!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.