Doctor Visit

Posted , 1 user is following.

I have been doing quite well the last 3 months. I have been using clobetasol twice a day and Yuvafem twice a week. However, my burning and irritation symptoms returned 2 days ago. My doctor asked if i ate anything different in the last few days. i told her I ate eggplant 3 days in a row. She said that eggplant has high oxalates which possibly could havr caused the flare up. She told me to keep using the clobetasol twice a day and increase the Yuvafem to three times a week since my vaginal ph is still high. She also recommended using coconut oil to soothe the vulva. I always use a baking soda wash after urinating. She said that is fine. I am wondering if anyone had a flare up due to high oxalate foods. She wants to see me in a month to see how I am doing. If I still have issues, she will give me a lidocaine shot to try to calm the nerve in the vulva. She believes I have vulvodynia as well as LICHEN SCLEROSIS. Thanks for any advice.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.