Posted , 4 users are following.
Hi all, this is my first post here. I'm sure you get loads of these, so please bear with me. I've been feel 'out of sorts' for a while now - over a year. After a series of blood tests that showed nothing, I returned to the doctor where she said I might be anxious and would do one more set of tests, but then consider putting me on anti-depressants. I'm very aware of mental health issues and I honestly don't think I'm depressed. Luckily, the tests showed low iron, so I'm on supplements now - but they're making no difference to my symptoms. From research and talking to friends with the condition, I am convinced I have hypothyroidism. The question is, how do I convince my doctor and, if I can convince him, what tests do I ask for, since the ordinary blood test shows nothing? I should add, I'm going to see a different doctor to the one who wanted to put me on anti-depressants, I didn't feel she listened at all.
Here are my symptoms - can I have your informed opinions please? I think it sounds like hypo...as do my two friends who have it...
-fatigue, especially after eating (so extreme I can't stay awake and it interferes with my work)
- headaches, sometimes like tension headaches but often a sense of pressure in my head that is weird more than painful
- breathlessness - a feeling like my lungs aren't absorbing oxygen properly
- occasional palpitations
- rapid weight gain, can only lose it if I eat nothing
- mystery aches and pains - especially lower back and neck/shoulders
- intolerance of cold in my fingers
- cramps in my feet
- flaky, weak nails
- skin with dry patches and some rosacea-like spots/red patches
-feeling of anxiety/panic unrelated to what's actually happening in my life
- digestion issues, including IBS (diagnosed)
- feeling of my head being really hot and flushed even when I'm cold
- pale skin and dark circles under my eyes
- sore throat and hoarse voice
- brain fog
- heavy periods
- irritability even when everything's ok
- iron deficiency
If it is hypo, how do I get my doctor to listen? And what do they need to test for?
I start a new job in 3 weeks and get married in 5 weeks. I'm not expecting miracles before then but I'd relax more if I was on the way to finding answers. I'm tired of living like this.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
0 likes, 5 replies