Doctor was very vague about vaginitis diagnosis, worried!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi! I started showing symptoms of an infection about two months ago. Really thought it was Chlamydia and asked to be treated with Azithromycin before the results came back. Results came back negative for Chlamydia. This lead me to thinking I had Herpes, asked for a specific Herpes test and a vaginal swab this time around. Herpes test was negative, but vaginal swab came back as "Vaginitis" The doctor that delivered my results was very vague considering there are three types of infections that cause vaginitis. I am worried I may have Trich. I've had bacterial vaginosis before and my symptoms were never like this! I have off-white discharge it's not frothy like Trich discharge though. But if I had Trich wouldn't they have told since it's sexually transmitted. Ugh i don't know. I can't call and ask since the office is closed today. I want to wait to until tomorrow but my anxiety.. 😦 pls help.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

trich is a seperate test thats what i was told by my doctor - but alot get bv and trich confused cause they some what have the same symptoms . if you have itching or burning try a sea salt bath , hopefully its just bv and nothing more .

• Posted

bv rears its ugly head quite often and for me the symptoms arent always the same. yes trich is a separate test and gynos will not test for it unless you ask to be tested for "everything" i did bloodwork and a swab for my results which came back only positive for bv (this was months back)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.