Doctors

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone,

Been to doctors this evening, as sufferig from bad bloatedness and constant diahorrea. she is getting me to have blood tests and even if they come back normal i got to have the camera is there any heads up advice? my dad has had it as he has crohns and he doesnt look to good after one are they really that bad? 

Thank you

Terri

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Seriously, don't over analyze it too much. I had one done a couple of months ago, 4 days after my 16th birthday (happy birthday to me.) everyone will tell you that the prep is the worst.... And it is. Especially if it tastes so bad that your throwing it up, so it's coming out of both ends. Tmi, I know. The procedure was not bad at all. I was super nervous that the drugs wouldn't knock me out, but they did! I woke up and everything was fine other then maybe some slight discomfort. I had both upper and lower done (down my throat and up you know where.) You feel a bit gassy after and probably tired but I didn't feel any pain. I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis but I caught it fairly early. Good luck with your endeavors. If I can do it, you can too! 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply... omg your still a baby bird only 16 and your gong through this? you poor thing. hope your well? i didnt know they knocked you out i thought you was awake for it... makes me feel better knowing ill be knocked out lol... i wish you all the luck with your diagnosis =) and thanks again =D x
  • Posted

They sedated me and give you pain meds, the prep a pain but if you've been had constant diorhrea it shouldn't be to different to that just get a good book some vasaline and sign yourself out for three days, they insert a canula to administer sedative and pain meds some people choose to have general it's fine going in but when they go round the corners it can hurt briefly, take a friend and incorporate lots of toilet humour, you could have a bit of discomfort for a few days after (but really it just depends on the person with the pain aspect) but it does go,  the meal you have afterwards will be the best tasting meal ever! 
  • Posted

I have had Crohn's for over 30 years, had the dreaded telescope a number of times. It has become much more comfitable in modern times. They give you a sedative and if you tell them you are very nervous they top it up until you really don't know you are there. They pum air into you to open everything up, but nowdays they suck it back out as they go. 30 years ago, they just left you to get rid of it natrually. That was painful. Don't worry and relax, it really is not that bad..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.