doctors and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

doctors are at a loss what to give us for anxiety after all they themself have months off work with it, so if they cannot treat themself how can they treat us. ,  We are is such distress they give us ANTIDEPESSANT  usually an SSRI that are for depression not really anxiety , they have an anxiety agent in them , but there for depresion so if you dont have it they usually dont work .and you get on the med go round trying different meds for months and months till you dont no what day it is. benzos work but you wont get them for long addiction  problems. Valium is a VERY WEAK benzo that half AMERICAN WOMEN  take every day, t

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hey dyslexic,

i see your point but i have been on celepram (cit) for about 2 months now and my IS because of anxiety. and to be honest they have helped SO much because because i would always get numbness/tingly in the arm, neck, face and have that thing in my throat always thought i was dying because i had chest pain and now even though im not at 100% i am almost there. all the symptoms i had plus the anxiety are pretty much GONE! and i believe that this medication has helped with that. drs might not know what their doing when they start you on these meds but its all about trial and error. and i am glad that i took the plunge to do this for myself because i would probably still be suffering with all the physical symptoms.

they might not work for you but everyone is different.

• Posted

oh ok so your a doctor are you? no i dont or didnt have depression thankyou i know what i have and ive done what ive done to help myself. you know your not very helpful on this forum. ive seen some of the other posts you have posted to other people and some are actually quite nasty.

what exactly is your story? do you have anxiety or depression? why are you on this forum?

• Posted

I have had doctors try me on a lot of antidepressants. None of them worked, and some made me worse. I tried to be committed while on Prozac, and Wellbutrin turned me into an angry b. Then they gave me Xanax. It was a miracle for me, as it would stop the panic within 20 minutes. At first it was as needed. That was for 7 years. Then due to a very traumatic experience, they put me on them daily. After 14 years I am still on them, and have only had to have the dosage raised twice. They are very addictive, and after so long, it takes more to help with the anxiety. But my doctor has told me I will probably be on them for the rest of my life. It surprises me that you said Valium is very weak. I took a quarter of one once, and fell where I was standing. I was out for hours. I do not believe anxiety and depression are the same thing. We may get depressed sometimes because the anxiety limits a lot of what we can do. But for the most part I am an outgoing, very talkative person, and I laugh a lot!! But that could be because I am from Texas and it's a southern thing wink
    • Posted

1 xanax tab is equal to 20mg valium , 1 ativan tab is equal to 10mg valium   making XANAX  1 of the strongest benzos  there is,  if you took 4mg of xanax a day that would be  80 mg of valium
    • Posted

Hi Dyslexic

Just thought I would say that I value you contributing on this site and your comments knowledge and matter of fact attitude to anxiety / benzodiazepines.

Your previous posts have helped me

a lot.

I prefer a straight talking realistic attitude

Which is what you seem to have.

I hope you keep posting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.