Doctors appt this evening :/

Posted , 2 users are following.

So i have a doctors appintment this evening, ive had a terrible night sleep which has given me a migraine, tablets not working for that either. feel so shattered and grumpy. hoping i can get sorted today.

argh!!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

Good luck twith doc and please  let us know what is suggested there. Afterwards we can look at any contribution we can make.  Way back in 1982 I endecd up for 8 weeks in rehab for alcoholism and this is where I learnt the value of group therapy, and that is exactly what this forum is a place to share our problems and draw strength. You can't beat it

• Posted

thanks, not sure what outcome i want really though that is half the battle i guess. I have had too much happen with family in the last 6 months i bottle most of it up and dont talk! for fear of hurting people i guess. I journal most thoughts just to try and get them out of my head but that isnt helping all the time.
    • Posted

HI

UPDATE - Having seen a GP i like this time, wasnt ideal what happened as i just broke down but she listened. I am now on Citalopram 20mg dose and i have been given sleeping tablets Zopilcone to help me relax and sleep.

I have started taking both and can honestly say i feel bit better as she said take 1 day at a time. I have another appointment to see her on the 22nd July.

Any advice would be appreciated?

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Dawn,

One day at a time sounds like great advice, in fact it is the mantra of AA (I am a long tiime recovering alcoholic) As is "this too shall pass". Even though alcohol is not your problem their recovery programme of 12 steps offers much to all of us. Have a look at it. Take care xxx

• Posted

I heard there is not a set cure for a migraine other than sitting it out in a dark room with a nurofen or some such pain relief.
    • Posted

there isnt and they run in my family, thankfully i have had stronger pain meds and they have taken the edge off.

dark rooms i am use too, i am very sensitive to bright lights also

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.