Doctors don't know what's wrong, your thoughts

Posted , 8 users are following.

I'm a 30 year old female. For over a year now I have experienced cramps all over, in places I didn't even know we're possible to cramp. Weakness in my legs a heaviness so it's difficult to walk. At times my left leg and left arm tingle and feel 'numb' I twitch a little in various places but not a lot a couple of times a week maybe. And at Times fatigue, lasting a few days, difficult to even hold my head up.

I've had mri, nct, spinal tap and various blood tests. All came back negative apart from low on vit d.

Doctors and neuro have no idea, I've had lots of different guesses ms, thyroid etc but because of results they've been discounted.

At the moment I'm still experiencing cramps all over my body at times incredibly painful; especially in my forearm it can stop me from driving. One side of my neck cramped up the other week which hurt a lot, I went to the doctors, he could feel it was cramped, he just suggested massage & suggested I google to try and find an answer and to go back and see him and tell him what tests I want!! Now doing his job!!

I'm stumped for a cause & how to resolve these cramps!

Any thoughts? Google is a demon and all answers point to mnd. My neuro sent me away after ms negative and said possible stress and if it continues to go back after a year but I'm not stressed. so I'd prefer others personal input based on similar experiences....

Any thoughts, advice appreciated. Thank you

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Bonnie. You could have pinched nerves in your spine and neck. I have pinched nerves through my neck and spine. This is causing painfull pins and needles and osteoarthritis all over my body, cramps everywhere, lost strength in both arms and mussel weekness, bad cordination and more. Get a MRI of your brain, neck and full spine.
  • Posted

Experiencincing pins and needles,joint paints ,backpains and like wise the pains point at Rheumatism /Athritis but all tests came negative apart from Vit D deficiency.I have now been put on a 3 month course for Vit d supplements,am on my second month,still no change in my pains,so I ask myself ,what is it then?Its unfortunate when all the test come negative ,people think you are making it up and it does depress me.Just becaue the doctors have no disgnosis ,does not mean one is not in pain.I have resorted to Prayer ,coz thats my last resort.Good  luck with your journey,i feel for you.
    • Posted

It normally takes at least three months to get improvement on vit D deficiency. The pain can continue much longer depending on how deficient you are. You get painful joint pain with it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.