Doctors giving me mixed reviews! No relief!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Back in January, I suffered from some slight burning while urinating and felt the urge to go very frequently. I visited my primary care provider, tested for UTI, given antibiotics and the problem was gone. Simple, right? Wrong. Shortly after finishing my antibiotics, I felt very itchy in my vulvar area and noticed it burned after sex. I've had a yeast infection before, and given that I just finished antibiotics, I assumed I had contracted a yeast infection and took monistat just from the drug store. Usually, Monistat clears up my yeast infections with no problems, but this time I've felt no relief. I went back to my primary care provider, and this time was given a pelvic exam. Was tested positive for BV (I was tested for yeast, trich, gnorreha, and chlymidya, all negative. I have only ever had one sexual partner who is also negative of all stds) they gave me a round of Flagyl, 14 pills to take twice a day for a week. I followed all instructions and STILL had the same itch and burning symptoms. I then decided to visit my OBGYN, who performed a pelvic exam and found that I had a yeast infection, I was given 3 diflucan pills to take every three days. I did that exactly as directed and STILL no relief. I visited the doctor yet again, and had another pelvic exam only to find that everything came back normal, I supposedly have no infections or stds. I still have the classic foul odor, discharge, itching, and burning after sex, yet they're telling me I don't have BV? What could this be/what could help me find relief?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Were u tested for BV with a culture ? Or did they just go off your symptoms?
  • Posted

Sorry missed some of your post previously. I think u may have BV, even though they are giving you mixed answers. You tested positive for it before and listing classic symptoms. Try boric acid suppositories, and taking probiotics
  • Posted

meant to ask does anyone get bouts of overheating when the whole body feels hot with no apparent tempreature with an all over feeling of weakness.

L x

• Posted

Hi.. Sounds like you've had all the tests under the sun and they still couldn't find anything.

My simple advice to you is, does your partner wear a condom? If he does, you could be allergic to the rubber, hence the itching and burning. If he doesn't, then you need to insist he wears one prior to sex otherwise his bodily fluids can and will upset the balance in your vagina and drink lots of water to flush out unwanted toxins. I hope this helps. All the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.