Doctors say it is not pancreatitis...but

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am 26 years old, recently lost weight probably from undereating 173cm, 68kg.

I have noticed something weird, everytime I eat something, even small amount, I start feeling feverish and hot 30 mins later. My body temperature, oral, can get to 37.8 and armpit 37.2. I also get gnawing discomfort, pain, stabs, burning in upper abdomen, sometimes in the back.

My stools are usually diarhea. I went to multiple doctors, none of them think it is the pancreas but one said my pain can be from biliary track spasms which are not normal, along with some biliary dyskinesia definitely present.

My main worry is inflammation in the body on eating. My GP said I might need a psychiatrist because my obsessions and symptom checking is almost a mental illness. I don't believe it is though. Do you feel feverish after eating?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Does not sound like pancreatitis at all. May be gallbladder or blood sugar related, but if you had pancreatitis you would know it and so would your docs. Most painful thing in the world.

• Posted

I have CP. Diagnosed several months ago after suffering for 2 years. While everyone is different, what you describe sounds more like a biliary issue, which can be unpleasant. Your GB may need to come out at some point. About 5 years ago, I had what you describe after eating fatty foods. GB removed and that particular issue ceased. Could ask doc to check for EPI, maybe.

• Posted

Yes. Mine was stone free, but had sludge. HIDA scan showed ejection rate was at 16%. I had symptoms. If your GB ejection rate is below 30%, insurance will typically sign off on removal. Had mine removed.

• Posted

My pain is left upper abdomen, more like discomfort. In addition, I have pressing kind of chest pain, and burning, gnawing. Also pain in gallbladder area. Looks like everything is screwed...

• Posted

I fell right upper abdomen pain, earlier I ve gallbladder sludge, but now it's ok,

can you share your symptoms & area of pain

• Posted

hi i also have epi which is severe on a blood test but moderate on the stool test. causes are celiac, crohns and pancreatitis. i don't seem to have symptoms of any of them. it also causes by a few others but most common cause is pancreatitis.

• Posted

if its pancreatitis, it doesn't come and go, its there for a few weeks. GO SEE YOUR GASTRO doc! it could be something else or nothing, just go !

• Posted

i dont think your obsessing as if you have epi then it should be investigated. please update me because im going through the same thing

• Posted

no, i have chronic pancreatitis and my temp does not raise, raise in temp is a sign of infection. Aalso, mine does not affect my stools. if you drink alcohol, stop! Google anti-inflamatory diets. Most of us with chronic P have found this diet most helpful!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.