Doctors that can remove 7cm dermoid cyst and save ovary???

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I had a meeting with a lousy PA who said my dermoid cyst which had been pretty stable about 5 cm and not bothering me was now 7cm according to an ultrasound. So she callously said oh yeah they'll prob take your ovary but you don't need it. But then she said oh well I guess the measurements were 5x4x7 it's possible the tech measured differently and It's still around the same size.

I'm in CA and wondering if anyone has found a doctor who is an expert at removing cysts and saving the ovary? I've heard Dr Yu in ucla is good for fibroids but not sure about cysts. And so many doctors won't even try to save your ovaries because their like, oh you don't need it. Um hey aholes, I can do things one-handed but I still want 2 hands, wtf is that? Thanks ladies. I feel like I'm a hot mess and don't know why after years of eating paleo, no sugar etc I'm having all these issues while plenty of healthy obese folks I know have perfect lady bits.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi sakura26 i am in nyc and had a 10 cm cyst removed and they saved my ovary i had a robotic laparascopy. im sure in ca they have plenty of highly trained doctors in robotic surgery. robotic is preferable as a robot hand is more sturdy than a humans. it also depends on how the cyst is attached to the ovary as well. they do not guarantee they can save it as they still need to open you up before they promise you anything. please make sure it is removed by a cancer surgeon very important

• Posted

Thanks so much! Part of the issue I've had is they are like "oh you're old, you prob can't have kids so it's just easier for us to take everything out".

• Posted

very silly things to say! and trust me the same thing happened with me stupid obgyn said theyll probably going to have to remove my entire ovary it was literally enormous from the dermoid. bear in mind i went to one of the top surgeons at memorial sloan kettering and i suggest you do the same if you have that hospital near you.

• Posted

I know OBYGNs tie women's value, and the value of their organs to their ability to bear children. Even female doctors. They are like oh you don't need that, we don't want to work hard to save anything. Yet I've seen studies proving you need all of it even in menopause. I'm in CA so prob not near the same hospital.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.