Does alternative medicine help?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having chronic pain for quite some time , does alternative medicine and are there suggestions? if there are i promise to post on one that i find effective.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I see an osteopath and have scolosis that helps me, she also puts my spine back into alignment also.

• Posted

I did 2 months of chiropractic & acupunture therapy and also had epidural injections. For me those did not help and I did have Spinal Fusion surgery which was the best decision!  I had the surgery 6 months ago and I'm doing great!  Of course if I do to much I feel it and take it easy.

• Posted

Oh gosh youhave been through the mill, how about a tens machine would that help?
    • Posted

I bought a tens machine and found no relief, but again everyone's condition is different.  I tried everything before having my spinal fusion!

• Posted

First I'm so sorry for your discomfort. Please stay away from narcotic pain meds. Can you exercise or any type of activity to get your heart rate moving. Losing weight and exercising has helped me a little which I thought would never work. Dieting on the other hand has been the most helpful for me. I am 51 recently had a Laminectomy on my l4 l5 s1 spine. The result Im 20 percent better than what I was. I'VE found that the minimal exercises that I do have helped me focus more on my body and do my part to help it heal. Although I'll ptobably never work again doing something is better than nothing. Try exercises first. See how you do then if you can walk a short distance helps the circulatory system and you will feel better

Good fortunes.

• Posted

Hie there!

Eventually i tried faith healing and it worked. I must say it works when you have tried everything and are willing and ready. Thank you guys for giving me the confidence to look for an alternative solution.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.