Does amlodipine cause vaginal dryness and/or dizziness when bending?

Posted , 1 user is following.

My questions are pretty self-explanatory. Wondering if this severe vaginal dryness is a side effect of amlodipine or if its just ageing and hormones (40 years old)? Also wondering if amlodipine causes you to get dizzy when bending over such as when picking something up or cleaning?

I've been on 5 mg of the medication for about four months. First month was very bad. I had such extreme fatigue and depression I couldn't do most things. That did ease up after a month however and I actually seem to have more energy than when my bp was 190/130. Brought it to around 126/96 if I am remembering correctly. However now have extreme vaginal dryness and the dizziness. I don't know if these things are from the medicine or just my life and body. Google implies that the dryness could be blood pressure itself or the medicine.

As for the dizziness I do remember having a similar experience on nifedipine post partum. It really makes cleaning a house that has three stories and four kids and a lot of toys very difficult! I get very dizzy and have to sit down until my chest stops pounding and I can breathe normally.

Only other side effects that I get so far seems to be nightmares, occasionally joint and other pains, and an increase in stomach acid and reflux.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.