Does anal ice packs help with external hem's?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys,

My name is Daniel and I'm so glad there's a support group for this horrible experience, good to know someone can finally empathize with me. First of all, my heart goes out to all of you guys and the huge struggle we've had to endure in some cases more challenging than others.

Anyway, I'm 35 and I've suffered from hem's for over 10 years and the condition is worsening I think, it started with some minor bleeding to now having a prolapsed external hem about the size of a brazil nut, that I think might be thrombosed . I've tried EVERYTHING, as I'm sure most of you guys have, from the regular useless OTC stuff to natural remedies like cannabis ointment, homeopathic creams, emu cream...I even made my own coconut oil and turmeric paste to use on my external hem, which didn't help either. in my case is not too painful, I have the occasional pain on my lower right abdomen and in the anal canal after a BM, bleeding here and there with the occasional flare up that freaks me out from time to time.

From what I read in this forum if the hem is thrombosed the swelling won't go down? is someone else having the same struggle? is someone using those wedge shaped ice packs? or does ice in general help with the swelling?

Thank you very much for your time guys and I look forward to hearing from you.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.