Does anxiety cause internal tremors,vibrations,buzzing in the whole body..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Does anxiety and stress cause internal tremors, vibrations, buzzing in my whole body? im afraid of essential tremors..it has been 1 month already..it affects the arms..the legs..abdomen..head...it keeps triggering my panic attack..pls shed some info on this..thanks

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

Hey,

Yes I have all of the above including body wide muscle twitching. I am 23, healthy except anxiety. When I am at my most anxious it is 10x worse and nearly always worse at night.

Have you had any medical tests carried out?

• Edited

Also I forgot to add - when my anxiety & panic attacks were at their worst I would even get the tremors so bad my whole body would jolt! Anxiety causes havoc on the nervous system!

• Posted

hi thanks for the input..is your tremor whole day 24/7 for like months? or just minutes or hours or days?

• Edited

short answer, yes, i does. it means you are scared. when faced with our own mortality we panic. we anxiety sufferers are super sensitive to change, getting sick and possibly dying. its your head telling your body to experience ghost symptoms. you get shaky, your heart pounds, your muscles burn and ache, and you feel like you have a hundred pound weight sitting on your chest. breathing can be impacted as well, and some feel a wad in the back of their throats threatening your airway and subsequently causing more panic. tell your gp how you are feeling, he should give you a fast acting short term medication like xanex, adavan, kolonopin, valium, etc. you will not get to see the doctor in person because of lockdown so a phone call or computer conference will have to suffice. it may just be a heightened sense of anxiety because of the virus scare and the symptoms MAY go away once its all over. if they dont go away, consider seeing a good psyciatrist and therapist who can prescribe a better long term medication to help you. i hope that helps. good luck and you are not alone.

• Edited

thanks for all your inputs...im scared to die..because i have still many plans for my family..im a certified hypochondriac..i never ran out of symptoms..if the symptoms gone..after few days another symptom will come up..Im scared of essential tremors..it will mess up my life..

Because my tremors are constant..24/7 for 1 month already..its alarming..

• Edited

to answer your question, absolutely! I have had the internal tremors, vibrations and buzzing in the whole body starting in my 20s. I thought something was terribly wrong with me but it was all actually caused by long-term stress and anxiety. The body can only take so much stress before it shows symptoms. I had the symptoms on and off for a very long time but I knew they were harmless.

I just wanted you to know that I am now in my 50s and doing well. so try not to worry too much. This symptoms from anxiety will not hurt you but I know how scary they can be. You need to work on anxiety and stress management to decrease the symptoms. Get some counseling if you can because it’s very helpful. I do hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

wow thanks pal..its such a relief to hear your experience..im about 46yrs old now..before this tremors..its the headpressure and headache that is bothering me for 7 months straight..no pain killers is touching the pressure and pain..im so stress out..not eating well..just lay in bed..dont want to talk.irritable..im sure i have tumor in my brain..suddenly it disappeared..im so happy that is March 05 2020..March 15 comes this internal tremors up to now..

• Posted

Hi I know this is an old post. I have also got internal vibrations, feels electric too at times. Did urs feel the same?

• Posted

i forgot to add...i also have tingling sensation in my whole body including tongue and lips...

• Posted

Hi did u managed to get these internal vibrations tremors 24/7 sorted? I have this for a year. Also the tingling, pins and needles at times..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.