does anxiety effect your vision?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,i hope all be great,i had realy perfect time for a while no symptoms anymore,but today i feel some problems with my vision,have you been like that before?omg it realy making me nervous.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have anxiety but i have to say it hasn't affected my vision before, it makes me dizzy. do you ever feel dizzy when it affects your vision? dont be nervous, being nervous with make your anxiety even worse and you will end up going in circles. I have heard it can make your vision blurred. so it sounds like anxiety to me

i hope you feel better soon! 

• Posted

Hi ella,tnx for replying,yea i think its a little dizzy too huh i mean even i cant say what it is exactly i have wierd feelings with my head
  • Posted

Hi, yes anxiety can cause vision problems especialky your peripheral vision. Basically when in fight or flight our eye sight is focused on what is ahead and not at what is at the side. But like tunnel vision. It's nothing serious just the natural response to anxiety. Neil 
    • Posted

Hi there,yea huh it sounds like what you said.thanks.
  • Posted

Definitely! I get tunnel vision and also get super sensitive to light. What is your vision problem?
    • Posted

it made me sensitive to light too,its like a combinations of tunnel vision n blurred,dark and flash.
  • Posted

Hello anahita.p

Yes, I have experienced blurred vision/fuzzyfeeling when in an anxious situation.  Trembly voice when trying to speak, and blushing/red flushes on neck and chest.

And a general shaky feeling.  I have even had these symptoms when having someone I did not know very well come for a coffee at my home!  It's ridiculous, but then so is anxiety and all its awful symptoms.  Good Luck!

• Posted

Hey cruiselady,thanks.yea its realy crazy when you know your body is ok but how anxiety can change it to a terrible situation:-/
  • Posted

in short yes it can

it can cause

1 distorted foggy or blurred vision

2 dry watery or itchy eyes

3 eye tricks stars flashes

4 sensitive to light

5 spots in vision

6 flashing lights when eyes closed

7 your depth perception feels wrong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.