DOES ANXIETY GET ANY EASIER!!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I feel like I’m losing my mind! I’ve always been a worrier and overthink things. It’s like I can’t enjoy life because I’m worrying about something or other! I started 40 mg citalopram 5 years ago and recently missed a few so restarted last Saturday taking them and I’ve felt worse over everything!! Does anyone have any ideas how to cope? 

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What are you worried about?

Maybe you are justified and need to take action with groups who care about what you care about. 

Maybe your fears are not real. Maybe you just need to talk about it. 

We all have our ways of coping. For me, it's talking to myself as I solve problems. It really helps!! LOL! I have a new job and I'm trying so hard to get through the learning process. I was talking to myself during a room inspection and that has helped me think clearly. I think out loud often. I use paper & ink to do that too. 

Hugs to you!! We all deal with this one way or another. Some peeps take it in stride. We just need a tool box.

• Posted

Yes, the majority of the time worrying will lead to extreme anxiousness. You need to learn what your limits are.... put up boundaries and stay balancd.  I am on 3 to 4 Xanax a day. It makes me realize that all this worrying is not normal thinking & the real reason I feel as though I am losing my mind and heading for a panic attack is because I am unbalanced. I have overdone it... pushed myself to do things that were beyond my limits. If you can get a routine going.... Get up at the same time and go to sleep at 9pm or before that.... you will feel less worried. Sleep is so important. Also, exercise... or if you are at home.... clean... and really get all that excess anxiety out of you .... I sometimes wake up at 2am ... I go straight to my beginner bike.... and get all the anxiety out of my body and mind. You can also meditate on strong prayers while you are working out.  Say powerful Bible verses out loud... This is what helps me..... I calll these coping mechanisms my "Weapons" .... the xanax really helps also. I take 1 in the moring , 1 in the afternoon and 1 before bed. xx

• Posted

How long have you been on the xanax?  I take 2 Ativan a day and one more if bad. THats a total of 1.5 milligrams. Do many patients say they are bad and not to take them. What do you think?  They are doctor prescribed. Thanks. 
    • Posted

I've taken xanax for over 2 years. I couldn't take the Ativan... it just didn't work for me. Ativan and xanax are very good to take. The xanax has helped me greatly with staying balanced and being able to function in this world. Unless, someone abuses the xanax... which is impossible because it is a controlled substance... and can not be renewed until a specific date. I see a psychiatrist for it... I say you are on the right track with 2 Ativan a day . Cheers xx

• Posted

For your comments. I feel better for having talked in the group. Your words are very kind. Let's stay on the right track!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.