Does anxiety medication work or am i better without

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my first two diagnosed panic attacks last week.

I am trying to control my anxiety myself.

I was fine today until I felt a strange feeling in my brain and my heart sped up and then i felt nervy.

I was having my dinner and then fet nervy afterwards, i stood up and one leg felt iighter that the other when walking.

I am considering getting the anxiety tablets.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi..i,m looking for the same answer..i want a good anti anxiety medication which dosn,t take too long to kick in as has minimal initial side affects..as i tried citalopram and i couldn,t stand the side affects at first so i stoped taking them..hope somebody comes up with an answer..good luck .
    • Posted

So far im okay, all my symptoms seems to have gone.  I think my loneliness is triguering my anxiety but i dont think i'll need medication.  Thanks for your advice.
  • Posted

Hey!, I've had anxiety for about 6 months now, and I've only recently started medication because I tried to cope with it myself, but it just seemed to get a lot worse, to the stage I couldn't leave the house I took panic attacks and had this fear I would pass out, stopped me leaving the house for months, I've been on paroxetine for 4weeks now, best decision I've ever made, the side effects where horrible, lasted about a week and then I felt fine after that, I was at the stage I couldn't leave the house without panicking, it was absolutely horrible, and the last couple of weeks, I've managed to go out to the van outside my house and too the local shop, without panicking and that's something I've never been able to do for months, it's up to yourself if you decide to use medication, sometimes it can help, also speaking to someone aswell, can be a big help, hope this helps you and you get better soon!
  • Posted

Ive suffered with GAD and Panic attacks and Depression on and off for about 10 years and some meds like Prozac and Lexapro I found very helpful but then my body built up an immunity after a number of years and stopped working sad

at the moment on Lyrica (meant to be brilliant for anxiety). and I take a xanax when required.

The worst drug ive tried was Effecor XL :o

• Posted

Go amd acquire cbt for anxiety. You are at the begining and maybe if you understood your mind and negative thought create the anxiety you can get conteol of it. Medication should be the last resort not the first. Even on meds you will have rethink the way you self talk and learn cbt anyway.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.