Does anxiety /ocd make you think the worst

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like when my anxiety/ocd is acting up I tend to think the worst. For example: yesterday my son and I were at the park playing baseball. In the parking lot there was a guy that looked sketchy, leaning into another car talking to someone but every few minutes they kept looking my way. So I immediately thought what if they are going to do something to me or my son... 

Now I don’t know if that was my mother instinct, or maybe it was my ocd/anxiety... maybe both?? 

Another example: if I were to like cut in front of someone in the freeway (I RATELY DO) but if that car gets behind me I immediately think what if they’re p****d... which I understand that thought because I’ve heard so many stories of road rage gone horrible... 

Just want to know if it’s just me being paranoid or anxiety caused this too... 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Your not alone I have OCD and have a large family, often when stressed find myself over thinking one time it was that bad that when they had ebola in Nigeria

I had to stop watching the new as I was panicking that someone may bring it to London and then my children could get it it was the worst time ever. I do also worry when my kids go out with or without me if they are a minute later start panicking. It's a nightmare.

• Posted

Yes its horrible then I get intrusive thoughts, and they are the worst. sad 
  • Posted

Your not mad / nuts ect your a perfectly"normal" parent if their is such a thing, who doesn't think the worst when their children are out and your not their to guard them, why wouldn't you think that someone keep glancing at you from a parked car was maybe a little scary especially in a climate that the world is in with so much violence, I also suffer with anxiety/panic disorder and probably OCD but what you forget is everything doesn't have to be part of that, some forms of anxiety are needed to keep us alert to dangers, that's why our bodies have the flight or fight mechanism installed to make sure we are aware of danger.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.