does any of you take additional vitamins for hair loss during carbimazole therapy?

Posted , 5 users are following.

edno deny to describe me vitamins and minerals he say things will get better when i reach normal thyroid levels.

BUT WHEN ITS BEEN 5 MONTHS i think it gets worse

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I'm so sorry you are having a problem with hair loss ..happening to me too.... lets hope our levels improve soon..I lost my sense of taste for a month because of carbimazole its back now ...so I 'm hoping the hair loss will improve too...good luck and take care warmest regards

• Posted

i m not sure that it is because of our hormones because my hormones after five months carb are normal.But hair loss continue i shed too much hair.thanks for replying
  • Posted

I remember my hair fall was so drastic, I cut my hair short (like above the shoulders) and started using hair tonic sprays at night. It seems to be much better now (much lesser hair all over the floor). I'm hoping for faster hair growth too...

All the best to you joannagof!

• Posted

Hi Carbimazole did not work for me either and I ended up having a total Thyroidectomy which I do not recommend. My advice keep pestering the doctors to give you a permanent solution faster.

Good luck

• Posted

i am planning of having total thyroidectomy because i have nodules.My edno insist for me to have RAI but i m too scared to do it.surgery is the only solution for toxic goiters..why you do not recommend pls reply
  • Posted

So sorry for your problems. I would ask doctor if you can take any overcounter vitamins and biotyn. Do your own re reserch too. X good luck x

• Posted

pls do this i have done my research it sys you can tke as long as there is no iodine but i am afrid that it would harm the nodule
    • Posted

Hi

I am no longer endocrynology patient my treatment was sucessful so far 3 years drug free life and i kept my thyroid! So i would not be in portion to ask endocrynologist but i recall askind the same questions when i was ill and they said as long as the tablets have no jodain that should be fine to take.

I had Graves desese.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.