Does any one get burning feet at night that affects their sleep?

Posted , 27 users are following.

Do any one suffer from burning feet at night and also the tips of their fingers. I get very hot at night ant I toss and turn because of my feet burning up. Sounds silly but was windering if anyone gets similar symptoms?? 

3 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes! When I had a relapse, I started having all sorts of nerve symptoms, like burning, tingling, and heaviness in my legs and arms.  I've read that one possible cause for this is that the small nerve cells in the brain are affected.
  • Posted

Yes!  Every night I have to stick my feet out from under the duvet or else I'd never get to sleep.  Still toss and turn all night though.  Fingers not too bad but I do have heaviness in my legs.  Didn't realise that this could be one of the sumptoms of CFS though eek.
  • Posted

very common sympton... its  a nerve issue.. mine when i go to replase goes from burning to full on pain. Feet so sore i can hardly walk.. also problems with hands and burning to the face and most of skin on the body sad  
    • Posted

What exactly are you diagnosed with? How long have you been having the symptoms?
    • Posted

IM diagnosed with ME/CFS and hyper pots.   My doctor did wonder if it was more serious like MS... but now i now its not.. This was written 3 years ago when the symptoms where really bad but they have settled somewhat over time. It turned out to be hormonal and in fact Peri Manopause.  Its a common symptom when going through menopause  I think it was mad worse by the ME and the pots which is why it was so severe .  Both myself and my doctor did not make the connection even though at the time my female hormones where  clearly on the fall.  
    • Posted

my dads leg palm and hand palms are burning a lot since last six months and we have seen lot of doctors and did many tests but all in vain and things are getting worse .. we have seen neurologist , some docs they say its because of uric acid or diabetes or alcohol abuse but no cure yet

• Posted

i can only add in, me too... often leave feet and legs exposed...
  • Posted

Yes, I have had burning feet but not the top parts of my feet, just the underneath, like really, really bad sunburn heat.
  • Posted

With me it's my hands, they go red and feel hot and throb, most annoying when I'm trying to sleep...especially as the rest of the time the always feel cold..
  • Posted

hi

Yes, I do.

One of my worst experiences is around bedtime. I can anything up to two hours to get to sleep !

I am very aware that my husband has to put up with me tossing and turning every 5 minutes. We have talked about it because I feel so guilty! particularly as he works full time in a very stressful job. I started by going into one of the spare bedrooms but quickly realised it was affecting him emotionally so try now to stay in our bed and work through it.

Funnily enough, last night I decided to start my relaxation/meditation/breathing techniques which I have been reading up on and It took much less time to get to sleep and this morning, I woke at 7am feeling so refreshed; I was even afraid to get out of bed in case it was a dream !!!

Well, that's my story and I hope it will continue to improve day by day.

If you haven't already, give it a go.

The meditation techniques are called Chi Kung.

Good luck Rose

jinny

• Posted

hi again

By the way Rose, since taking the smallest dose of Lustral, 25mg for 4 weeks then up to 50mg, I have noticed a huge change in my hands and feet.

They are no longer freezing cold.

I discussed it with my doctor first and he agreed I should give it a go.

His words were, "You are one determined lady!"

Not sure whether that is any help for you.

My cousin and sister both have ME (16 and 10 years respectively) and that tablet has worked for them. My cousin is recovered and my sister is well on the way.Best wishes

Jinny

• Posted

Thanks Jinny, I will look it up. Elle I also get the aching in my heals and soles, especially when walking sad
  • Posted

Me too, I also need to keep my feet out from under the duvet. I know it sounds strange but I also shed my toe nails once a year for the last couple of years... I know "Strange"
  • Posted

Hello everyone,

Yes! I have explained this to my neurologist many times and he gave up on me and offered no real explanation except it's post viral symptons.

I had this so called post viral fstigue since September 2014. I am not as fatogue anymore but I find numbness / tingling in my arms and legs. Not constantly. It comes and goes. Similarly I have burning sensations particular in my left leg. It bothered me a lot before. I know it's hard try not to let it bother you as stress makes it worse ... I take cod liver oil and magnesium tablets since September but I do not see a real change ...

Does anyone here get aching feet. Soles and heals. Although it is not excruciating it is uncomfortable sometimes like tender. This is my main concern.

Much love and healing everyone

Elle

• Posted

Mine don't burn, they itch.  Just between the toes.  It's distracting, but I put some lotion between my toes, and I can usually sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.