Does any one have bad reactions to progestogen - femoston or elleste duet

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been taking Hrt for the past 4 months The white tabs oestrogen for 2 weeks are great but 2 - 3 days into the next 2 week cycle progestogen develop a rash on my inner thighs, random small sores on my legs, pains in my stomach and really un comfortable bloating, and slight swelling on my abdomen, left side, the so call period burns and there us no red blood just brown..like you get at the end of a period..does any one have the same issues

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Melanie, I am on HRT tablets called provera(little blue tablet) and also patches as I was getting irregular bleeding. If I were u check with your GP if these have the side effects you're going through. Since I've been on the provera and patches, I haven't had a bleed since, as I was having a bleed every 2 weeks, and it does get u down. I truly think you're on the wrong medication, but im not a doctor. If I were u, go and see your GP asap

• Posted

Hi Nicky1175, thanks for your replyx

I did go to the doc after trying Elleste for 3 months, the white tabs were great but the effects from the green tabs didnt ease, 2 weeks of feeling fine and then 2 weeks she couldnt explain the rash and the bleed so has put me on Femoston, as she said they will stop the bloating. Only been on them about a week and nothing has improved, actually feel a bit worse the bloating hasnt eased and that is on the white tabs, dont know if it will calm down. I will go back again, thank you. Beginning to think that maybe they are not right for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.