Does anybody experience any of these symptoms with their severe dry eyes/blepharitis?

Posted , 3 users are following.

These are some weird symptoms that I feel are not common with people who have dry eyes or blepharitis. I have both dry eyes and blepharitis. Dont know if trichiasis caused blepharitis or blepharitis caused trichiasis.

Any thoughts at all would be greatly appreciated!

Symptoms:

1) Only experience discomfort and eye irritation in one eye at a time and they switch off throughout the day. Example: morning left eye for 4 hours, then right eye for 3 hours, then left eye for the rest of the day. It for some reason, is never irritating on both eyes at the same time. 

2)Foreign sensation feeling is right below eyebrows, not right above eyelashes. 

For my eyes, the only symptom I really feel is foreign sensation thus leading to discomfort and irritation throughout the day. No swelling or other things.

I am curious, I am getting surgery to remove my ingrown eyelashes next week. Could this fix my problem or do you believe that blepharitis could still fully exist and that it will not help at all. The oph doctor said that it would help but I want to know anybody who has experience with trichiasis.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I think I was told that once you have got blepharitis it never really goes away.

Have you tried applying a warm flannel or heated eyepad for five minutes or rubbing closed eyelids with the knuckle of your index finger outwards from your nose - five times for each lid? I guess though that this may not be a good idea with your ingrowing lashes.

I wish you well

• Posted

Have you been checked for concretions of the  eyes?

​Concretions are common in dry eyes and give rise to a foreign body, frittiness of the eyes. It may account for the varying sensations as you may have a combination of blepharitis and dry eyes with concretions. Concretions can easily be removed under the slit lamp. The procedure is painless and gives instant relief. It is important that the eye dr inverts and inspects the upper eyelid so  as not to miss any concretions. Best to google this as lengthy  explantion etc. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.