does anybody feel like me when they started taking prozac?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have been prescribed prozac I was on 20 mg for the first wk but now I hav bn bumped up to 40mg a day im just on my second week now.this is not my first time on prozac I hv been on it like 4 times already.i jst want to know if anybody feels the way I do .I feel weird all day like not myself I think im dying bcuz of the physical symptoms I feel or it might be in my head the way im feeling but it feels so real.i know its the anxiety playing mind games with me bcuz I can feel my hands gt tht clamy feeling.i hav 10 kids and cannot do anything to help them until my pills take affect.ive also benn prescribed diazapam and quetiepine for sleep not too sure if ive spelt right.i call myself looney when I get in this mental state I jst cant handle the affects of the anxiety that has gone from 1-10 on a scale I know I just have to wait till my pills kick in but I just cant handle the hot cold sweats and everything else that im experiencing call me a baby but im just a human being that needs help.please if anybody else has felt the way I do please let me know becuz im a walking zombie at the moment and I dnt like it plus I dnt eat either so I loose weight too any responses are welcome thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lorraine, sorry your having such a tough time, I did too, I am now in my 10th week and I can see some improvement in my mental state but a huge improvement in the side effects, I had a terrible time and felt the same as you, I only have 4 kids but I felt I was letting them all down very badly even now I struggle to get motivated to do things with them, on Friday I managed to take them to the cinema, hardly very taxing but it was a struggle to get them there on time, we stopped at a play park on the way home, again all I had to was sit and watch them but I was shattered when I got home. I am sleeping ten hours a night easily when I get up I am still tired. I was really hoping to get much better results by week ten, I am going to give it one more week then go back to doctor and see if I need to increase as I am only on 20mg but I am a bit scared that it might make the side effects even worse. The only advice I got from lots of people was just stick with it, which is really frustrating when you feel like your in a living hell. But it is true and it is the best advice, wish you luck and that you start feeling better soon.
    • Posted

Thanks wendie for your feedback yes I know over time it will get better but I just need to talk to someone to get feedback about my feelings not sure if im the only one that has these feelings all I do is just lie in bed & try to handle the feelings emotions that I feel when my anxiety really plays up I cannot stay in one place for long.i am a regular at my doctors the receptionist all know me when I go see the doctors because this aint the first time I have been on prozac I was put on it last year after having my son so I gt a double bang postnatal & anxiety like 6 days after I had my son in feb I was put bak on prozac took about 6 weeks to start taking effect then I stopped taking the prozac about june last year bcuz my docter told me to take less becuz I was on 80 mgs a day so I just stopped it cold turkey cause I felt better.i had just got a tuboligation bcuz I didnt want to have any more children I tht that was the reason why my anxiety came bak and I would never get it again I was wrong it came bak this year.some people might say bcuz ive been in this situation before I should be use to the ugly anxiety symptoms but no I think the more I get it the worse the symptoms so this round im definitely not stopping my meds just cut my dose down once I am feeling me again plus I hav fibromayalgia so that must add to my situation but thanks for comenting bak to me and I hope your situation improves.
    • Posted

Hi again wendie I forget to menrion the side affects shouldnt get worse because you have already been on prozac you might just need a higher dose like I jave been prescribed
  • Posted

Thanks Lorraine, I think I will give it until the end of this week and see how i am getting on, then go back to Doctor, hopefully this week, week 11 for me will see dramatic improvement and I will be like a new woman (but i doubt it) I sometimes think some of us have so much on our plates to deal with I dont see how we possibly could cope. But then there are always others worse off, I have a house a job a husband and four great kids, so i know i am very lucky in comparison to some. Sometimes its just hard to count your blessings. My eldest son is hopefully going to university in September, we are waiting on his exam results, but the amount of paper work involved in getting finances put together for it, accommodation for him etc I find totally stressful and so i keep putting it off which is totally unfair on him, i need to get it done. If i was my "normal self" i would have had everything sorted for him weeks ago. I lay in bed this morning thinking about all the things i need to do, and i realised i felt totally numb. I didnt feel happy sad stressed anxious or anything, i just felt nothing, I dont think i have ever felt like that before and i am putting it down to the prozac. Fingers crossed we will both start to feel better soon. Take care

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.