Does anybody have pain belly button area?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been having sharp pulling pain around my belly button area. My pain come in episode. I been having watery stool almost every day. I have been having the pain for 8 months. My Mri show thickening of my small intestine. My GI want to do my mri retest in 6 month. He has not explain to me what he think is wrong or why retest is needed.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Usually when a scan picks up thickening or inflammation in your bowel wall (especially the small intestine) it signals a flag for possible Inflammatory Bowel Disease such as Crohns among others like Celiac Disease as well. As this point he shouldnt be redoing the same image scan but give you a Capsule Endoscopy or even a CT Enterography or a Enteroscopy (which is a Endoscopy with a ballon attached to it to allow to push furthur into your small intestine to see whats causing the thickening). Hope this helps and always ask your doctor things, if he doesn't answer then ask again. Also dont be afraid to get a second opinion for another GI.

• Posted

Your doctor will want to see if the thickening has gone away, stayed the same or increased.  A further test may show the reason for the thickening.    Ask your doctor what the possibilities are.. 
  • Posted

It may be you are holding onto fluids in the stool, or He is watching over the thickness of the small intestine.

If your tummy is painful due to swelling He will be keeping an eye on that as well

In my case when my weight increases my tummy can become bloated.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.